Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

To the regular posters on this board

I lurk.... like alot. I noticed that there has been issues with some posters and not liking how blunt yall are. I just wanted to let yall know that there are some of us that truly appreciate it. And I hope that if I ever need to ask a question that you would tell me bluntly that I'm making an etiquette mistake or not.

Thank you ladies and keep doing what your doing!

Re: To the regular posters on this board

• Options
    Yes!!! I Agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have to admit, the forwardness is part of why I lurk this board more than any of the others... and why I've decided to start posting a little more here.

Yes, some of the posts can come off snarky, yes sometimes people come off as rude, but on the whole, the advice is sound... and, to quote someone else on the E board, it's "not all puppies and rainbows", which I like.

Just like with my best friends, I'd rather be told straight up "that's a bad idea" than have people ooh and ahh over something & talk about it behind my back...

So yes, thank you to the E regulars :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:b7c7bd9a-f766-4591-b77e-4cf176570a96">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I opened this thread thinking, "Oh please. Not again."  But this is refreshing, thank you!
    Posted by bree4305[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Me too Bree!  I had my side eye and my :: head desk :: all ready to go.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks OP.  These ladies are the bestest, which is why I stuck around. </div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Now this really is refreshing to hear! 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mkruparmkrupar member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    Don't forget your ::eyeroll:: habs!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:ae997b0e-0d51-4e0b-8f83-2779390d6acc">To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lurk.... like alot. I noticed that there has been issues with some posters and not liking how blunt yall are. I just wanted to let yall know that there are some of us that truly appreciate it. And I hope that if I ever need to ask a question that you would tell me bluntly that I'm making an etiquette mistake or not. Thank you ladies and keep doing what your doing!
    Posted by manikmarie[/QUOTE]

I agree!!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:ae997b0e-0d51-4e0b-8f83-2779390d6acc">To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I lurk.... like alot. I noticed that there has been issues with some posters and not liking how blunt yall are. I just wanted to let yall know that there are some of us that truly appreciate it. And I hope that if I ever need to ask a question that you would tell me bluntly that I'm making an etiquette mistake or not. Thank you ladies and keep doing what your doing!
    I lurk a lot here too! I haven't had too many of my own questions yet, but I do love how straight forward the advice on this board is. Plus it makes for fun reading! Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I've been lurking a lot too, and many of the questions I would have asked have been answered through lurking.  I've been really surprised at the reactions of some of the women; I'm not sure if they're really young or just extremely sensitive.  Then again, I'm not quite 21 and I haven't thought the regs have been rude, so youth doesn't really explain it to me.  Anyway, I really appreciate the advice that the regs give, and I wouldn't want it presented any other way!  Oh, and the grammar (or complete lack thereof) of some of the newbies has been kind of horrifying to me.  It takes me way too long to translate their questions and replys.
  • Options
    Hi lurkers.  Come around more often - okay?

OP - thanks.  We don't plan to change our spots - so to speak - any time soon.  We'll continue calling it like we see it long after the impolite newbs have GBCK'd.
  • Options
    what a bunch of suck ups.

• Options
    I must admit i do lurk on here a lot. but its nice to see most of my questions being answered before i even have to ask them. If they dont want someones honest opinion they shouldnt ask. Thats the point of this.. is to get answers. Im happy that they have these forums so i can find out the proper way of doing something without offending someone.
    So keep up the good work Regular posters :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:ec52810c-f19d-487f-8905-ede83a057782">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must admit i do lurk on here a lot. but its nice to see most of my questions being answered before i even have to ask them. If they dont want someones honest opinion they shouldnt ask. Thats the point of this.. is to get answers. Im happy that they have these forums so i can find out the proper way of doing something without offending someone. So keep up the good work Regular posters :)
    Posted by MissRutig[/QUOTE]

Hello, there fellow CFLidian.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:b42fd239-cd19-49ab-bc3b-de4df8141a57">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi lurkers.  Come around more often - okay?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>This. I post on a number of boards, but I think E is my favorite.</div>
  • Options

I agree!  I have only posted a few times because I'm pretty sure any question that has come up, I have been able to find the answer by lurking.  You all give great advice, and now I know to step away from the bridal magazines and listen to you ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:2c6d8cf9-ec69-4383-95c6-a64c43c85143">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]what a bunch of suck ups.
    Posted by omgitscasey[/QUOTE]

So which one of your terrible ideas did the regs on this board not validate?

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• Options
    I'm mostly a lurker too.  I don't understand why people don't look first before posting their questions.  I haven't been here that long and I'm getting tired of the same questions over and over.  I think it boils down to instant gratification.  People just want someone to say "Yes, do whatever you want' instead of doing a bit of research.

Oh, and I wish people would also use that handy little spell-check button and use proper puncutation.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I ask what I wont in real life. LOL. I dont mind if someone on here is rude to me. I dont know anyone here in real life and I can always log off and be with my people. 

I agree with some of the advice here but other things are way off. When I ask a question I consider the feedback I get but in the end I know our guests and they are not as strict as the women on here are. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:d2b4ee07-b57c-4ca9-aa5c-b34b44f58873">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]I ask what I wont in real life. LOL. I dont mind if someone on here is rude to me. I dont know anyone here in real life and I can always log off and be with my people.  I agree with some of the advice here but other things are way off. When I ask a question I consider the feedback I get but in the end I know our guests and they are not as strict as the women on here are. 
    Posted by twohollydays[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree... I def. appreciate the honesty on the board, but occasionally I don't think people consider regional or culutural differences in etiquette. Sometimes those 'tweener' issues, such as bar options, who-to-invite's, etc. should be based a lot more on what's normal in one's circle/area/family then what is considered "technically correct."

By and large though, there are some royally idotic questions posted on these boards, and I'm glad no one feels the need to validate stupid ideas. Sometimes I'm shocked at how the regulars continue to field the same stupid questions again and again. I would have given up a long time ago, lol.
  • Options
    MissRutigMissRutig member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_regular-posters-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:578b7bab-0048-4336-8559-98d7a00f3b8aPost:78c8f4e6-c246-44b1-8d95-4518a5350079">Re: To the regular posters on this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To the regular posters on this board : Hello, there fellow CFLidian.
    Posted by Mrs.B6302007[/QUOTE]

Hey Hey! im having a hard time keeping up with what i posted.. sorry if it took a while and i seemed rude! lol. but im trying to get the hang. See you on the CFL forums?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards