Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Have we been forgotten?

Our photographer is across the country in another state where we're getting married. We had our E pics taken back in August and our photographer said it usually takes about 3 weeks to get them processed and sent to us on DVD.

In the middle of September, I sent a nice email checking in and telling her how excited we were to see the photos and wondering how they were coming along. A couple days later, she was done with the proofs and did an excellent job. We were supposed to choose ten for her to do special processing to, but she was nice and said that if there were any others, we could choose those as well. Instead of the 10, we asked for 15. She asked for a couple weeks to get those finished. That was the end of September.

Toward the end of October, I sent her a note on Facebook congratulating her on something (as a non-pushy little nudge that we are still here) and she wrote me back saying that she was almost done with our E pics and was spending extra time with them to make them perfect. She said she'd have them in the mail later in the week. Around the 2nd week of November I wrote her asking if she'd mailed them yet so I could know when to look for them at the mailbox. I still have not heard back from her.

I know she is processing extra photos for us that she doesn't have to and she's a wonderful photographer, so we've been very polite and not even the slightest bit pushy with her. Perhaps our laid-backness and "Oh, please don't worry. Take your time!" attitude has put us way on the back burner, but I sent her another email this morning asking if she'd received my last email because I hadn't heard back and I wanted to check in.

We want to get our E pics soon so we can put some of them in our guest book, etc. She is doing more for us than she is required to, so we're not sure how much of a timeline we can impose on her, but we kind of feel like last priority. What do you think? Would you have handled it the way I am and have been?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have we been forgotten?

• Options

eeee... that would piss me off.  It sounds like you have been more than relaxed about it.

Actually, my friend, who is a wedding photographer, is sitting right here by me and she was like, that is absolutely ridiculous.  You don't ever spend like an hour per photo to make them "perfect."   It sounds like you are getting the runaround.

I would tell her that you need the pics by this date then say something like, my parents need them for a wedding project or something to take it off you... I know that I'm bad with confrontation.

Good luck, let us know how it goes!

• Options
    Your post. It's just....so long. (that's what she said)
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Thanks Salty. That's a really good idea. And I'm glad I got some insider information from your photographer friend too! I will give her a deadline and tell her it's from my family. Laughing

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_forgotten-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5ada7a2a-7db6-4b90-a1d9-86e40c29f246Post:db02c128-3ab2-4150-8688-a802c33e3b5c">Re: Have we been forgotten?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your post. It's just....so long. (that's what she said)
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what she said. With an enormous smile.

• Options
    Yea, I would definitely email her and tell them you need them soon.
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2009

You should have had your pictures in 3 week, and it's now been 3 freaking months!  And you are worried or embarrassed to ask because she threw in 5 extra pictures for "free"????

Don't be embarrassed or worried about asking for what is owed to you.  You have been more than patient, and there is absolutely no need to claim your family has a deadline.  It is totally unprofessional of her, and there is no excuse for it.

Send her an e-mail outlining that you were told you'd have the pics in about 3 weeks, and it's now been 3 months.  You have been patient, and don't want to be demanding, but you NEED your pics for other wedding related deadlines.  Please send them ASAP.

If you are using her as a wedding photographer also, you might add your confidence in her professionalism is becoming shaky, and if the pictures aren't received by your deadline, then you will reconsider using  her services for the wedding.

• Options
    Was this engagement package throw in with the wedding photos? Or did you pay for them up front? If she already has the money, no wonder she's slow. If she doesn't, I don't even want to think about how long she'd take if she already had your money... Does her contract stipulate that you pay her in full before the wedding or upon delivery of your wedding pictures? Because if 15 e-pics take this long, I can imagine this turning into one of those horror stories about people who wait 1 year+ for their wedding pics. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options

There's no problem with emailing her and asking her how she's going. It's only 15 pictures, and she obviously was close to getting them done last month- no harm in seeing how she is going, given you are paying for a service. 

• Options
    I think at this point you need to be more than just a little pushy. 3 months to finish a task that was promised in 3 weeks is ridiculous and unprofessional. I'd be looking for another wedding photog as well or writing into the contract when the wedding pics would be given to you so she doesn't continue this trend.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your advice! She responded to my last email and said she was having surgery, and that she was putting them in the mail today. So we'll see! Should take about a week to get here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards