Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

For anyone whos chopped off their hair!

I am really considering chopping my hair to right between my shoulder and chin, but I keep delaying it because I'm scared out of my mind of it.

If you did it..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: For anyone whos chopped off their hair!

• Options
    It's just hair.  It grows back.  Seriously.  Just cut it.
  • Options
    I chopped it after the wedding and I get so many compliments now.  It's much easier and lighter and more mature-looking.  I love it.

It's hair, it grows back.  Don't freak out about it.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    It depends on  your face shape - you have a longer oval shaped face, so as long as you stay below your chin you should be fine.  At least that what my hair dresser told me when I was considering it and my face is the same shape as yours
  • Options
    I actually feel like my faces looks chubbier when my hair is longer. But, like Amoro said, it's just hair---if it makes your face look chubby, wait a few months---it grows back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can you show me before and after pictures!
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2010
    It did make my face look chubbier when I did it, but based on your pic, you're thinner than I am and your face isn't quite as round as mine, so I think you'd be able to pull it off just fine.
    Plus, Amoro's right; it is just hair. It will grow back if you don't like it. 
    Go for it!
  • Options
    I knoooow it's just hair, but I have never had it short. I think I am going to do it.. maybe Tuesday.
  • Options
    Don't do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ditto Amoro. I think I've actually offended stylists before, because I'll straight up be like, "If you mess it up, it'll grow back".

I don't see how pics of us would make your decision. Everyone looks different, even if we have the same hurr-do.

• Options

Are you donating to locks of love?  Toally worth it IMO :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Before:

After:

two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stack- did you end up cutting it?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-whos-chopped-off-their-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5cd651b6-1c79-41cc-a1d6-9528a7121c19Post:7bf99f3d-9207-4c17-a956-656aecbcb8f8">Re: For anyone whos chopped off their hair!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't do it!
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]

Well okay...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-whos-chopped-off-their-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:5cd651b6-1c79-41cc-a1d6-9528a7121c19Post:8a219aad-c93e-4f98-9aee-538cf0fe6f9d">Re: For anyone whos chopped off their hair!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you donating to locks of love?  Toally worth it IMO :)
    Posted by ehathewa[/QUOTE]

Does it have to be a certain amount of inches?
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Brie: that is a super cute style on you.
    But your facial expression in the first pic is funny for some reason.  You just do not look amused...lol
  • Options
    Before:

After:

And that wasn't even a well done cut. 

I've had it shorter than that:

Night we got engaged-

Few months before:

• Options
    I just said that because I have frizzy hair so if I cut it shorter than shoulder length, it will frizz even more. I usually think long hair looks better, unless the person has a really pretty face. From the pic I can see, you can pull it off- hair cuts always scare me though.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-whos-chopped-off-their-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5cd651b6-1c79-41cc-a1d6-9528a7121c19Post:0b2596ce-0b8c-4d82-83a9-9988a585fa02">Re: For anyone whos chopped off their hair!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brie: that is a super cute style on you. But your facial expression in the first pic is funny for some reason.  You just do not look amused...lol
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

That's my "I fuucking hate having long hair" face.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hm.  You can't tell from that pic on me in the red, but it was a lot shorter than it looks.  Pic of the back:

• Options
    Ooh, Am, I love those last two pics. With my triple chin, I couldn't much shorter than I am now, but if I were to lose 30 pounds, I'd probably do it. My H would have a heart attack, but hey. It's just hair. It'll grow back. :) Maybe when I get knocked up, I'll do it. I know I'll feel lazier than I do now, and I'm pretty damn lazy as it is.
  • Options
    Short hair can look good on anyone.  There are of course better styles for different face shapes but you can discuss that with a stylist.  I'll probably cut mine soon.
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    amoro+bri I really love the afters! Deffinitly more mature looking.

I don't know what style to do.. I don't think a bob though..
  • Options
    I chopped and donated about a foot of mine as something nice to do on a hard day for me.

Sorry- no makeup- had brow wax/facial before:

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. In the end, I'm growing it a bit again, because I always wear my hair back and need to have it long enough to pull it all up. Go for it- worst case scenario if you don't like it- it'll grow in! :)

• Options
    Short hair:

Long hair:

• Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I had the same worry. I found that when my hair was reeeeeally short (like less than an inch), I personally felt that it made my face look chubbier, but my friends disagreed. I've found this mid-length (close to how it is in my e-pics) is my favorite.

Before:

After:

I also had it shorter and brown.

This is how I'm going to have it cut for the wedding:

• Options
    I have a very round face. As long as my hair is below my jaw line, it's fine.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-whos-chopped-off-their-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5cd651b6-1c79-41cc-a1d6-9528a7121c19Post:fb310729-a176-46af-88e7-c9ea3288e819">Re: For anyone whos chopped off their hair!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh, Am, I love those last two pics. With my triple chin, I couldn't much shorter than I am now, but if I were to lose 30 pounds, I'd probably do it. My H would have a heart attack, but hey. It's just hair. It'll grow back. :) Maybe when I get knocked up, I'll do it. I know I'll feel lazier than I do now, and I'm pretty damn lazy as it is.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]
    Oh man, that look took WAY more maintenance than my hair now.  The only reason I haven't cut it back to that is, I haven't found a stylist I loved and trust enough to do that, and my hair will not stay like that in heat.  I needed to get out of Italy before it was ok. lol  Once I have a job again and can pay for it on my own, then I'll be back.
  • Options
    If you do decide to donate your hair, Beautiful Lengths requires at least eight inches and I think Locks of Love requires 10 or 12.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My answer is no it didn't make me look chubbier BUT this is all dependant on your face shape!  Short hair and long hair don't look the same on everyone.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You have an oval face it seems from your sig picture which translates into just about any hairstyle looking good.

I have an angled bob where the longest part is right at my chin. I think with a combination of good cheek bones and the angle it is a pretty flattering cut.

View Full Size Image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards