Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Chelsea's wedding - Already posted?

Have we discussed this already?

Chelsea Clinton is making her dad lose 15 lbs. before her wedding so he "looks good" walking her down the aisle. I hoped it was some attempt to stroke his vanity in order to get him to be healthier, but no, it really just seems about appearances. Boo.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100429/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1864

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: Chelsea's wedding - Already posted?

• Options
    wtf?  he's not fat.
    Photobucket
  • Options
  • Options
    I know! Even if he was, that's a mean thing to make your daddy do. :( Good thing he can't get pregnant, otherwise she might have to kick him out of the WP.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Thankfully my dad is having a midlife crisis so he hangs out at the gym a lot.  He was physically fit for my wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    My dad has a HUGE beer belly and had to buy a new suit for the wedding because his didnt fit anymore. I burned all the wedding photos that showed how big he is.

I didnt really, I love him belly and all. (but not in an oneal sunshine way)
  • Options
    I think that is horrible. She should love for her dad to walk her down the aisle no matter what he looks like. I'm just hoping that she really just wants him to lose weight for his health so he will be around longer to see his grandchildren and such.

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Aw Shelly, good for your dad, healthwise anyway. :) My dad had a tooth in front that he swore he would get fixed in time for the wedding: my sister's wedding in 2006. Then my wedding last year. It still hasn't been fixed, but I didn't care because he was there with me on my wedding day. :)

• Options
    Haha Nebb, you actually had me going for a minute there! And who/what is oneal sunshine?

• Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chelseas-wedding-already-posted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5e84a299-cd01-43dc-ab66-a4efa7a72073Post:4cd64fbb-e68f-4571-8517-9a5fe87e5c72">Re: Chelsea's wedding - Already posted?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha Nebb, you actually had me going for a minute there! And who/what is oneal sunshine?
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    biggest loser reference. Theyre super creepy and hug/cry/feel eachother up all the time.
  • Options
    Oh gross Nebb!

Its so funny.  He is addicted to working out.  He will spend hours working out.  Its insane.  However, he's my dad and felt comfortable telling me I need to lay off my caloric intake...in so many words.

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chelseas-wedding-already-posted?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:5e84a299-cd01-43dc-ab66-a4efa7a72073Post:3de3da07-ceca-42c6-b244-8e450455483a">Re: Chelsea's wedding - Already posted?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Chelsea's wedding - Already posted? : biggest loser reference. Theyre super creepy and hug/cry/feel eachother up all the time.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

This is gross.

But totally true!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh goodness, sorry I asked. Blech. Sweaty incestual hugs just make it worse.

• Options
    I think it's a bit bridezilla but she's concerned for her dad's health.  He was hospitalized here a few months ago for an angiogram and I think a stent as well.

i do remember when M insisted that her dad rent a tux as his own didnt have the exact same lapels as the groom.  I refused to back her on this one
  • Options
    WTF?  Well, I guess I shouldn't let my dad walk me down the aisle because he has bad knees and he might slow me down.  Or maybe I can just mandate that he gets a total knee replacement on the right to match the left?
  • Options
    If it's because of health, I can see where she's coming from.  It gives them a goal, and helps him get healthy.

You never really know someone's motives.

My family has this circular discussion with me.  "Alexia, why don't you bust your ass now and lose weight for Captiva so you look great in a bathing suit?"  It sounds really douchey, but then you see that my dad has intestinal problems, I have them, my grandmother has diabetes, heart disease, bad knees on both sides, arthritis on both sides, etc.  So it's for my health too.

Not defending Chelsea, just saying you don't really know the motive.
  • Options
    I'd still f him.
  • Options

I hope that works out as well for her as my EX telling me he'd quit smoking if I lost weight. You don't bargain other people's weight with them, and you don't ask them to lose weight for you. It's the worst motivator in the world. Not a single person on earth has lost weight for anyone else and maintained any sort of health. You lose weight when you decide to lose it FOR YOURSELF. Anyone else commenting and begging and bargaining just makes it worse.

My dad looked like Colonel Sanders mated with Johnny Cash at my wedding. I thought he looked awesome in his old tux!

WEDDING PRO PICS 202.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards