Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Ugh... I forgot the children's meal option

The post below me just reminded me that I didn't put an option for a children's meal on my RSVPs.

I only had the two meal options, plus a line for special dietary needs.

I have invited 7 children... of various ages, including a young toddler.  Do you think this is an issue, or will parents just make notes accordingly, requesting a child's meal if they need?  Or should I call the parents and ask?

SaveSave

Re: Ugh... I forgot the children's meal option

• Options
    I might call the parents and be, like, "hey, if your kids prefer chicken fingers, we can provide those, just mark it on the RSVP card if you're coming." Or maybe wait until after they RSVP and offer it? I dunno, it might come off as pushy, like, "hey, there is a cheaper option for your kid..."
    I'm no help. :(
  • Options
    No, I'm not sending them out until April. 

Good idea... I think I'd only be sending out RSVP cards to 5 families.  Thanks!

SaveSave
  • Options
    Since there are only 7 kids involves, you might contact each of their parents and let them know about the children's meal option.  Otherwise, I wouldn't sweat it.
  • Options
    How old are the children?  Our venue set the meal options/payment by age.  Any child under 13 years of age was given a children's meal (salad, chicken, vegetable, potatoes) and any over the age of 13 was given the full adult meal (sans alcohol, of course).  For our wedding it worked out well based on the ages we were inviting.  There was no child at that awkward "older kid" range where they might have wanted an adult portion.  
  • Options
    At our venue, the only way to not pay for the drink package is if the person orders a child's meal. My pregnant BM, my 16 year old sister, and anyone who doesn't drink but orders a full meal also has access to the unlimited drink package. So if little Susie wants a filet, we're also paying for her to have vodka all night.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We did not include the children's meal option on our RSVPs at all. There were only 3 families that had very young children so I called the parents and asked what they preferred. Unless you have an overwhelming number of children invited, I don't like seeing a children's meal option on an RSVP anyway. I think you're fine--just call them.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    You don't need kids meal options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry I've been gone all day....

I *think* there's only two toddlers.  Probably a 1 year old and a 3 year old.  I think the other children are at least like 7.  So maybe I'll just call the toddler parents.

Thanks!

SaveSave
  • Options
    Eh, I'd just call the parents and ask, if they do not write in their preference on the response card.  You'll be fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards