Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

XP: How Many Inserts?

(I posted this on the Invites & Paper board, but that board is sorta slow.)

I started working on my invite wording (that's for another post), and I realized I'm not sure how many inserts I need and what goes on what.

1) Main Invitation
2) Reception Card
3) RSVP Postcard
4) Accommodations Card -- Just the hotel information?

Where does the wedding website go (that has in case of rain, directions, etc. on it), and where do the directions go? TWO more cards? Or do the directions go on the Accommodations?

Re: XP: How Many Inserts?

• Options
    Directions and Accommodations can go together if there's room. You could do front and back if you need more space. The website can go on the Accommodations card, as well. You could also skip the directions altogether - they're not required, but some guests would appreciate having them, I'm sure.
  • Options
    I'd put directions and accommodations on the same card if you include directions.  Probably front and back like Leisel said.  I'd also include the website on that card as well.
  • Options
    Sounds good. I can do a "For more information, go to our website at blahblahblah" deal.
  • Options
    If you put directions on your card, it's best to have a friend or someone unfamiliar with the area drive them.

But ditto Liesel - you can put them on the same card. We had an insert that said "For directions and accommodation information please visit www.... "
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I just made my own business cards that said "for hotel information, directions and more, check out our website at...."

Saved me lots of money on the extra inserts & on the postage that the extra inserts brings.

If you go that route I would just also add on to it "bad weather plan information" to it.
  • Options
    Really the only necessary items are the invitation itself with the address of the ceremony/reception, and the response card. Almost everyone has gps or access to google map, or an iPhone, and they'll easily figure out where your wedding is located. I suppose if it's off the beaten track you should enclose directions, but since everyone will be coming from different points, it's a lot of wasted paper. 

Hotel info could be printed on a business card, or you could email it to those that have email and then just enclose a card for those without email. 

Save the trees!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_xp-how-many-inserts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61e82066-47fb-4683-9944-4b4bc058d66cPost:51b41341-ab0a-4cac-91f3-0be0cdb472ae">Re: XP: How Many Inserts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really the only necessary items are the invitation itself with the address of the ceremony/reception, and the response card.<strong> Almost everyone has gps or access to google map, or an iPhone, and they'll easily figure out where your wedding is located.</strong> I suppose if it's off the beaten track you should enclose directions, but since everyone will be coming from different points, it's a lot of wasted paper.  Hotel info could be printed on a business card, or you could email it to those that have email and then just enclose a card for those without email.  Save the trees!
    Posted by musicalcanadianbride[/QUOTE]

<div>Most of our guests are over 60, without a cell phone OR computer, and to make matters worse, they're mostly out of town. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_xp-how-many-inserts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61e82066-47fb-4683-9944-4b4bc058d66cPost:2f01c6b5-37a2-4e61-a9f3-48385592ab33">Re: XP: How Many Inserts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of our guests are over 60, without a cell phone OR computer, and to make matters worse, they're mostly out of town. 
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

<div>We are in the same situation, and our location doesn't technically have an address (building in a large county park). We are including the invitation, rsvp card, accomodations card, and a map with directions. Initially I was planning on having each card on card stock, but I'm considering printing the map on regular 8.5x11 paper so that I can provide detailed directions and a full map for those without computer access. Is that tacky? I am also conserned about the postage weight, but I guess I'll have to put one together and get it weighed before making any final decisions.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_xp-how-many-inserts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:61e82066-47fb-4683-9944-4b4bc058d66cPost:2f01c6b5-37a2-4e61-a9f3-48385592ab33">Re: XP: How Many Inserts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: XP: How Many Inserts? : Most of our guests are over 60, without a cell phone OR computer, and to make matters worse, they're mostly out of town. 
    Posted by Domino04[/QUOTE]

<div>I replied in the other thread, but you didn't mention this there. In this case, if it's in your budget I would include a directions card. </div>
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards