New York-New York City

Ceremonies and Receptions- Help!

My fiance and I are searching for the perfect place to hold our ceremony and reception. We want to have a very small, modern wedding. About 40 people at the most. The only idea I have are the Botanical Gardens, but i'm not sure how well that will work out for a November wedding.

Any ideas? Advice? Thanks so much in advanced Smile

Re: Ceremonies and Receptions- Help!

• edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on your budget and what 'feel' you are going for. We've been to a few places here in the city and although we started with over 100 guest, we downsized for a more intimate feeling. We were at 40 as well but the venue we like the most has a minimum of 65. At any rate, here is some of what we found....

Illii

Elizabeth  (has an indoor outdoor feel)
    The Park    (has an indoor outdoor feel)
    Cellar Bar
    The Inn @ Irving Place
    Seamen's Church    (has an indoor outdoor feel)
    City Hall Restaurant
    The Ketch
    Astor Center
    Sunset Terrace @ Chelsea Piers  (has an indoor outdoor feel)

For our personal observation at each site feel free to send me a private message. Some visits were more interesting than others lol.

dai*
  • edited December 2011
    One thing to consider is the time of year.  If you're having a small wedding that a nice restaurant could accommodate, you might not want to do it in November, since that's prime time for holiday-related corporate parties.  For example, you could do a reasonably priced wedding downstairs at City Hall restaurant for 40 people, but not in November.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards