Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Critique my programs..

I've been fussing with these for about a week now... I'm pretty sure I've finally finalized my design. What I'm mostly worried about is spacing.

For perspective, I plan to print these two-sided on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper... not quite cardstock but a good, thick paper. They'll fold in half once, the "long" way.

Front:

Inside:

Back:

TIA! :)

Re: Critique my programs..

• Options
    How did you print them? I want to do something like that but I'm not creative enough. Whomp, whomp.

I haven't read them yet, but they look awesome from here.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I think those look really nice. I was so not that creative with mine.
  • Options
    I designed them in Photoshop... try it! You'd be surprised how easy it is. The guide lines are about the best feature EVAR. :)

I looked through the VistaPrint options but didn't see anything I thought would work... I will likely go to Kinko's and ask them to print & fold them for me. They should be able to do a full-bleed, which is what I'm going for.
  • Options
    Looking at the small versions of these in the thread post is actually helping me tune out the words and look at the spacing better. I think I'm going to center the "&" on the front... and I found two lines on the left side of the Inside that need to be bumped up by 1 line or so.
  • Options
    I like them a lot!  Good job!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Those are SO pretty!  Great job!

The only thing that caught my eye was the spacing on your In Memory paragraph. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ah hah! I see what you mean, dani. :) I dropped that second sentence down so it would fit all in one line... but it would still say the same thing if I kept it in "paragraph" form. :) Good catch!
  • Options
    Cool, no problem!  They are really pretty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! :) I had a bunch of graphic design classes in college for my Advertising degree, and I've ALWAYS looked forward to designing my invites, programs, etc. I've loved it so much, I'm seriously considering making some business cards for myself and maybe doing wedding print design on the side. :) This is fun!!
  • Options
    I'd probably switch it to Amanda & Chad, but that's just a personal thing. I think Chad & Amanda works too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_critique-programs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6593aad4-93bb-4d39-b651-d1d26c398a12Post:de9a72a8-67c4-46b3-b948-fb5ef0a68e4d">Re: Critique my programs..</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd probably switch it to Amanda & Chad, but that's just a personal thing. I think Chad & Amanda works too.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Haha you are NOT the first person to tell me that. :) When I did the invites, I showed them to Chad and his only question was "why can't my name be first?" And I explained that the bride's name should be first, to which he replied, "But Iiii want myyyy name first!" I figured it wasn't anything to argue over, so I just switched it.

And I've had a number of people call and say, "you do know your name was supposed to be first, right?" I'm totally amused by it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards