Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

This PPD really takes the cake!

Have at it ladies!  I don't know what to say.  Leaves me speechless.

http://living.msn.com/love-relationships/the-heart-beat-blog-post?post=3ff5d5a7-19b1-4767-84d1-f0749b2c61bd
June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: This PPD really takes the cake!

• Options
    I have no words......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Midlife crisis? 
  • Options
    I'm not sure how a fake wedding will cheer up her family. :/
  • Options
    Why not just have an awesome party for her family and friends? This is weird.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-ppd-really-takes-the-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6642251c-ec03-4a04-ba01-37b643e39d43Post:39d47f28-3bf7-4f2e-b49c-6fce816fe631">Re:This PPD really takes the cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure how a fake wedding will cheer up her family. :/
    Posted by Simply Fated[/QUOTE]

This... seems like it would make her family sadder.

I also love that most of the comments are positive... "whatever makes you happy!  You go girl!"  *rolls eyes*

SaveSave
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_this-ppd-really-takes-the-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6642251c-ec03-4a04-ba01-37b643e39d43Post:e8fd5dc2-90f5-4f74-bc0d-c0d136f1d583">Re: This PPD really takes the cake!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not just have an awesome party for her family and friends? This is weird.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]

Exactly!  Wear a hot (not bridal) dress to show off her figure, have drinks and dancing... sounds great.

Weird fake ceremony to a groom she HIRED?  Not so great.

SaveSave
  • Options
    This is an event that every single guest will be thinking why the FCK am I here? The entire time.... Literally what is the point... I'm so confused.
    158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You know? At least she's being honest and upfront about it. It's silly, yes, but at least the lady's not trying to trick everyone.
  • Options
    WOW!  That seems a bit sad and extreme.
  • Options
    At least she isn't lying about it. But still.... why not throw herself a giant black tie birthday party instead?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    From a MOB POV - I would be mortified to know my DD was doing this AND that it made news internationally.  Following our Come to Jesus meeting dealing with stupid ideas I would let her know that I would not be attending this fake wedding and to get her entitled little head out of her entitled little butt.

I would be so embarrassed over this one.
  • Options
    I like how at the end, they try to justify it by saying she 'wants to cheer up her family'.... um... this lady sounds like a 13 yr old. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LMAO! I read this and couldn't stop laughing!!! This would make for a great chick flick movie! But seriously? Can we say desperate much?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards