Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Inviting a co-worker who's helping with invites?

I've been working at this company for about 10 months, I'm looking to have the wedding at the end of October. There's a co-worker who's great with paper and fonts and offered to help me with the invitations, which I'm planning on accepting. Am I then obligated to invite her to the wedding?

Re: Inviting a co-worker who's helping with invites?

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    It depends. Are you paying her for her services? If yes, then she's a vendor of sorts and does not need to be invited.

Technically, you never have to invite anyone to your wedding, other than your groom.  However, if this person is helping you because you're friends, it might hurt her feelings if she's not invited, and that's not a good thing if she's a co-worker.
  • Options
    Im not going to give advice.
    are you inviting the rest of the office?
  • Options
    I wasn't planning on inviting a lot of people from work; perhaps 1 or 2 people? And...I wasn't sure whether or not I should offer payment either! We're not incredibly close, so I don't know which is preferred; invite or payment....
  • Options
    I think you should offer payment whether or not you invite her.  She can decline the payment.
  • Options
    Do the two of you talk alot at work or hang out?

I do second that you should offer to pay. She will probably decline, but it shows that you value her skills.
    -This is not legal advice- Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPiclarger_image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_inviting-co-worker-whos-helping-invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6ae8da82-a9bd-4021-a16c-887d2922cabcPost:60ca76bf-12ce-43e7-92cf-78464a59637f">Re: Inviting a co-worker who's helping with invites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you should offer payment whether or not you invite her.  She can decline the payment.
    Posted by coralee715[/QUOTE]

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards