Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's here?

Dh went out with the guys to have an evening out. So I have the apartment all to myself. What are you ladies up to this evening?
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App

Re: Who's here?

• Options
    drinking.... 

I'm hosting a baby shower tomorrow.  Which is kind of cool... but locals do not RSVP, so I'm not really sure how many people are coming.  It's costing me a lot of money... oh well... I love this couple, so it's worth it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Half watching Foodnetwork. (Rachel Ray is on and she sounds like a roadhard hooker, so I'm not paying much attention) Mostly knotting. FI already went to bed, and I feel like staying up just because I know I can sleep in tomorrow morning. That fact makes me exorbitantly happy.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    About to get off work finally, YAY!!!!  Then an evening with the FI, WoW and the Captain....best combo ever.  :)
  • Options
    oh and something funny... I'm hosting a full open bar.... at a baby shower... Gotta love  St Thomas... we even drink at baby showers even though the mama-to-be does can't drink..

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Present!

I'm snowed in (kind of) and am waiting for FI to get home-the store where he works is having a big sale (in the middle of a snowstorm) and will stay open until 12. I lost my phone in the snow today, and don't want to go to bed until he gets home so I know he made it safely.
  • Options
    Sleeping in is definitely a good thing. I have tomorrow off and hopefully we will get the apartment clean and the laundry done.
  • Options
    I'm here for a bit. H just got Mass Effect 2 the other day, so he's been unavailable since then. :) I need to get up and start clearing out some clutter for our belated housewarming party tomorrow.

Lauren, thank you for putting words to what I've thought for years. She just reminds me of a rasping saddlebag at this point. And I used to like her, wtf happened?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:1ce906ed-b5f7-439e-b886-c93522b104af">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh and something funny... I'm hosting a full open bar.... at a baby shower... Gotta love  St Thomas... we even drink at baby showers even though the mama-to-be does can't drink..
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Sounds like south Louisiana. I'd never in the hell have people over without booze. My guests would think there was something seriously wrong with me. Also, I just like booze.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:aee236a4-6b74-453b-a892-b261a10740cd">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : Sounds like south Louisiana. I'd never in the hell have people over without booze. My guests would think there was something seriously wrong with me. Also, I just like booze.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Oh.. I'm from Delaware.. but more importantly Irish-Catholic... I have NEVER attended a social event that did not include alcohol.   The mama is from Spain and they do not have showers there.. The dad-to-be is Cuban.. They are like us (at least his family), so alcohol is expected.

I find myself being surprised at brides who questions having a bar or not.. In my world having a full bar is as important as the officiant or food...

• Options
    I went to a baby shower just last week that was actually in a sports bar. We all drank with the exception of the mom and her underage FI.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:79a86d55-68d3-4f64-99e9-2c2cb8d09d72">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sleeping in is definitely a good thing. I have tomorrow off and hopefully we will get the apartment clean and the laundry done.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

That's my weekend hope too!

I;m trying to leave work right now and I'm hungry :(
  • Options
    Beatles, FI is the one who first said this to me. I can't take credit for it, but it's a spot on description. It sounds like the only time she doesn't smoke is when she's filming that train wreck of a show. I should have put this in TJ's "I could go the rest of my life without thread," but I could go the rest of my life without Rachel Ray or her farking television show.
  • Options
    Watching The Informant and chillin' like a villain. 
  • Options
    I'm here a little bit.

Tried to play WoW earlier, but my back was killing me...I guess from being on the couch all day?  It's been acting up lately at work, so I guess I'm not surprised.  I'll be headed to bed soon, I'm kinda tired.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    For you lauren:

Yeah, she used to be a normal person and I had her cookbooks. Then she became obsessed with "EVOO extra virgin olive oil" and I had to say buh-bye. Does she even smoke? I thought she was just talking too much for too many years...

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I'm sitting here on the couch, trying to find crib bedding that doesn't cost more than the crib did (wtf?).

There was alcohol flowing at my baby shower, it's cruel and unusual to expect people to endure a baby shower sober.
  • Options
    Im here, thinking of going to bed soon. Im really REALLY hoping to be able to drink tomorrow to make Jon Hamm SNL super awesome. I am way too excited about that. Im hoping if I can get one more good nights sleep I will kick this cold/infection for good, so thats the plan.
  • Options
    Yeah, what is up with RR's voice?  I thought maybe she had some kind of throat or larynx (sp?) condition.
  • Options
    Well that was sufficiently freaky, Beatles. I have no idea if RR smokes or not, but it sounds like she's huffing on unfiltered cigarettes hardcore.
  • Options
    Capri, I think the 4 shows at once didn't help her voice out much.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:72731b92-daff-45d8-917c-1899af82eb52">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sitting here on the couch, trying to find crib bedding that doesn't cost more than the crib did (wtf?). There was alcohol flowing at my baby shower, it's cruel and unusual to expect people to endure a baby shower sober.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

We're not buying a set because it's a waste of money.  SIL is making a dust ruffle (she offered) and I found some cute crib sheets and blankets in BRU that match pretty well.  We're doing a breathable bumper, too.  And who the eff needs a diaper stacker??

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:32c38eaf-150f-4dd6-9eea-c40dfeab6f26">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, what is up with RR's voice?  I thought maybe she had some kind of throat or larynx (sp?) condition.
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but some people's voices are just like that.  I've had a few really raspy students in the past.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:72731b92-daff-45d8-917c-1899af82eb52">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sitting here on the couch, trying to find crib bedding that doesn't cost more than the crib did (wtf?). There was alcohol flowing at my baby shower, it's cruel and unusual to expect people to endure a baby shower sober.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

(that being said, I LOVELOVELOVE the PB Kids quilts)

• Options
    Sorry lauren. That's how I imagine her whenever I hear her talk now.

• Options
    I really need a drink.  I'm lamenting over the bottle of vodka I finished last Sunday night.  It's too late to leave the my house to scout out some booze, so I'm stewing over here a little bit.
  • Options
    Watching the FI play Mass Effect 2. I promised him that he could play it first. Meanwhile I'm happliy intoxicated and playing around on the interweb.

We got married! Now if we could just remember what happened... Visit The Knot!
    Bio
    Blog & DIY
  • Options
    Seriously sucrets, I found a bedding set tonight that cost $700. Our bedding didn't cost $700, hell, I don't think our bed cost $700.

I need to start digging around for seperates instead of a set, you can't even use the quilt right away, and from what I've heard you'll change the sheets so much that you'll rarely have the cutesy one that came with the set on the matress.

Side note: I want to learn how to sew now, make crib bedding, and become a millionaire.
  • Options
    [QUOTE]There was alcohol flowing at my baby shower, it's cruel and unusual to expect people to endure a baby shower sober.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

So true.. I feel  bad for the mama-to-be.. but then I think... mamas-to-be have the same high being pregnant that a non-pregnant woman have drinking... Okay.. not the same, but close..

• Options
    I just woke up from a nap, so I am liable to be here for a while. Fi is watching DIY network, and its driving me nuts!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-here-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6b6796b0-7ea0-4830-95f8-f639a410ae4bPost:5c078c16-5a4a-4b2c-822b-fe761ba316a0">Re: Who's here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's here? : So true.. I feel  bad for the mama-to-be.. but then I think... mamas-to-be have the same high being pregnant that a non-pregnant woman have drinking... Okay.. not the same, but close..
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

The mama to be gets presents, the guests get booze. I think it is a fair trade-off.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards