• Aww.  Too cute, Rosie :)
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • OMG Rosie, your cats are adorable!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Morning.

I slept like crap last night.   The reality of moving is starting to set in.  I have so much stuff to do (purge, clean, paint, fix little things) to get this place ready.   I'm just too depressed to start any projects.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • good morning! :) happy tuesday!

we are under tornado watch, so no work for me!
  • Habs, I want to rub your doggie. I love short-haired dogs. The best is when Lola gets her summer haircut, and I just can't stop touching her, which is pretty much a win-win because she gets infinite petting time.

I'm sorry, Lynda :( Do you know when you guys will know where you're going? Or when exactly, for that matter?
  • Aww, Lynda :( 

• I don't think I know the story of pee cat.

Whisky peed on my brother once, and I really wish I'd been there. It was the day after the wedding, H and I had left for the HM and my family was cleaning up the cabin. They made the mistake of leaving Whisky in his carrier for hours, then on the drive home my brother took him out because he was meowing and being annoying. About a minute later, he peed all over him, in the car.

From the way my mom tells it, my brother said, "Man, Whisky feels warm. Wait a minute. OH MY GOD IT'S PEE MAKE HIM STOP!" My mom thought it was so hilarious she couldn't even be mad at the cat for making the truck smell.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c0e8eb6-7446-4613-8b8c-9ea01ba19e5dPost:ed603b2b-7f8d-4c76-9c15-952368c67f37">Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]good morning! :) happy tuesday! we are under tornado watch, so no work for me!
    Posted by futurepivko[/QUOTE]

If we didn't work everytime we had a tornado watch, we'd never work lol - we get them almost ever time there's a storm. In fact, we were under one all day yesterday. I'm jealous.

MORNING! I'm eating breakfast (Jimmy Dean D-lights english muffin, turkey sausage and egg white sammich). It's not as good as the one with the bagel, but it was cheaper because we got them at Sams this weekend. I guess H had never been to Sam's before because he was GIDDY. Everything he saw he kept saying "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE PAY FOR THIS AT WALMART!?!" It was adorable.

I don't wanna be awake right now. =(
  • So guess what?  The PA guy is coming to Columbus as we speak to talk to Trevor. 

SQUEEEEEEE (job offer maybe?). 

Except Trevor didn't shave at all this week and is freaking out so I have to go buy him a razor and run it to his job right now.  LOL. 
  • Morning all!

Small rant this morning: School won't let me register for the class I need to take this summer, and it's obviously impossible to do anything over the phone.  They're driving me nuts.  Yes, it would be lovely to have no classes this summer, but I want to be done with school as quickly as possible!

Other than that, 4 days left until my wedding!  Woop!
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Emily - I love short hair dogs.  she barely sheds, except for her ridge.  Her ridge sheds a lot. But she is always cold.  At night she sleeps on her bed wrapped up in a fleece blanket so only her nose sticks out.  She sleeps ON the heat register and has to wear a big thick winter blankie in the winter.  She will also sleep on the hearth of the fireplace.  Sometimes we're afraid she'll catch fire.  I guess that's what happens to African dogs in Canada.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Stacks, I'm thinking good thoughts for T! And laughing at his unshavenness.
  • Good luck, Mr. Stacks!

Seshat, that's hilarious.

• Good luck to unshaven Mr Stacks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm here for a morning thread, yippee!! :)  I worked late last night so I came home and got in bed.  Good times.

Lynda, I don't think I've heard the story of you moving.  Do you know where you're going?  Will it be somewhere you have to wear shoes?  :(

Stacks - yay for MrStacks! :)  The shaving thing sounds like something that would happen to my H.

ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Yay!  It's a TR sighting during a morning thread!

• Good morning!  I am late today.  Stupid FI having soccer games really late at night.....
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c0e8eb6-7446-4613-8b8c-9ea01ba19e5dPost:3344d12c-c792-4f1e-8e57-798dc3d946dd">Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I had the strangest dream last night.  I was driving down the freeway and in my rear view mirror I kept seeing broken in half planes flying right over us and crashing on the other side.  Then one flew in front of us and crashed right on the freeway.  I got out of the car and ran to a guy on the side of the road who was alive and just as I was yelling at a girl to go help someone else I woke up. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

I dreamed the baby was a wonton.
  • Yay Mr Stacks --  good luck.

DH has a phone interview with New Orleans tomorrow.   He flies out to Phoenix next week for a tasting.   He seems to be leaning towards Phoenix.  They seem to be moving faster through the process, the GM called him up and had a 'getting to know you' conversation.  He even asked about me which impressed DH. 

I would rather New Orleans, I'm not a Phoenix fan, but I guess I will go wherever my DH wants to go.  

Cry

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yippe stacks! :):) my plan on getting you closer to me is working!

And sesh, the pee cat story is that my FI left the damn bathroom door open and the cat jumped up on the toilet and in the line of fire.. and FI peed on him. He started screaming so I ran in and picked up the cat, only to realize he was covered in pee and I threw him in the sink and slammed the door shut. Poor wittle pee cat.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c0e8eb6-7446-4613-8b8c-9ea01ba19e5dPost:a5e6a88c-da62-4261-aecd-6c06f5705abf">Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday! : I dreamed the baby was a wonton.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Best dream ever.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c0e8eb6-7446-4613-8b8c-9ea01ba19e5dPost:c3acdef6-72ae-44c3-8b18-9262ea7c0cbc">Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning all! Small rant this morning: School won't let me register for the class I need to take this summer, and it's obviously impossible to do anything over the phone.  They're driving me nuts.  Yes, it would be lovely to have no classes this summer, but I want to be done with school as quickly as possible! Other than that, <strong>4 days left until my wedding!</strong>  Woop!
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

zomg is your head ready to explode yet?!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-its-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6c0e8eb6-7446-4613-8b8c-9ea01ba19e5dPost:858844df-d779-4e84-a93b-553e3165caf5">Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! It's Tuesday! : zomg is your head ready to explode yet?!
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

I think I must not fully realize I'm getting married or something, because I've been surprisingly calm.  I'm a little nervous about everything coming together, since we're doing it all ourselves, but other than that I'm ok. 

FI keeps saying he'll have a valium ready for that day, though.  I think he's expecting to see my crazy side on Saturday :)
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • I love when Mike doesn't shave for a few days.  LOVE.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I didn't sleep well last night once the storms came rolling through. And so much for trying to stay in bed this am b/c they are mowing the grass in our apt complex and it is so freaking loud. Oh well.

On a sad note, H and I have to go to the funeral home tonight for a lady who he works with husband who passed last Friday.

And on a happy note, we found out last night that BIL just asked his longtime GF to marry him. We don't know when the wedding will be yet, but I think they will probably wait awhile.
  • Ha, I do vaguely reemmber that story, rosie. For some reason I was thinking the cat peed on your FI, not the other way around.

Good luck to your H, stacks!
  • My FI has a creepy mustache that he grew out to go with his cowboy outfit for my uncle's themed birthday party on sunday, but FI got a stomach bug and was too sick to go.. so he still has this creepy mustache and he refuses to save it. I feel like he looks like a kiddy snatcher.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards