Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Which is worse? (A poll about cheating.)

2»

Re: Which is worse? (A poll about cheating.)

• Options

My ex physically cheated on me...which was awful. & it hurt. & I didn't trust him - which is why I didn't marry him. The mental image made me sick. HOWEVER, if he had been in an emotional relationship with someone else, no sex involved, it would've been more painful to deal with. You're supposed to share your secrets & your life with your significant other, not any other person.

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • Options

I answered physical because I simply couldn't get over physical. If H had sex with another girl, we would be over. I couldn't forget that, and I wouldn't allow myself to be treated with such disrespect.

On the other hand, if he did fall in love with another girl, that would be terribly devastating... but I guess that we could recover from that so long as he wanted to attempt (and I guess he might if he had enough respect for our relationship not to have a physical affair?). I guess I also feel that emotional cheating can be less deliberate than physical, and thus while I'd never accept it as treatment within a relationship, I would be more realistic in understanding how it could happen. Although, of course, if he was unwilling to work on our relationship and preferred to continue maintaining a relationship with the other woman, it'd be equally bad. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards