Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

After party attire

So for the ladies who will be having an After Party or going to a bar like me.......will you keep your wedding dress on or change into something else?

I am unsure of what to do...I always told myself I would not be one of those brides who wears my dress out...but not sure now.

Re: After party attire

• Options
    I wore my dress.
  • Options
    Where did you have your after party at?
  • Options
    A Sports Pub :)
  • Options
    J paid $450 for my dress. Damn straight I wore that sucker for as long as I could!
  • Options
    oh ok....that is probably what will be doing, or some local bar.
  • Options
    I would wear my dress, but I'm going for tea length instead of full length.

As long as you're comfortable in it and you're willing to see it get a little dirty, I don't see why you couldn't wear it out.  Plus, it would probably make for some badass "I'm the damn bride, MF" pictures.
  • Options
    It was a local sports bar. Funny enough there was another wedding party having their after party there, that same night. I got lots of compliments on my dress from the people she was partying with. The other bride had changed out of her dress into something more casual. I enjoyed being in my dress all day.
  • Options
    haha very true, mine was $400....I guess I will wait to see...I might be ready to get out of it.  Wedding is only 3.5 hrs start to finish, so I might be ok
  • Options
    I was thinking of getting a shorter dress for the after party.  I have a feeling the bottom of my dress will be stepped on many, many times and I'll want to throat punch someone before the night is over.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You should be fine. I just knew if I went to the hotel and changed, I wouldn't leave (I was beat!).
  • Options
    Pinkpinot, have we seen your dress???
  • Options
    I will have it bustled up, so it wont be dragging on the floor atleast...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_after-party-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d86ba75-8a6d-4a89-9df2-b4d4c6402117Post:a98b220b-91b0-4f0d-81a8-4d48a1780325">Re: After party attire</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pinkpinot, have we seen your dress???
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]
    Nope, I don't have any pictures of me in it to post.  When it comes in, I'll be sure to AW it up properly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't go anywhere after the reception (waaay too tired), but just for the record, my dress was all bustled up and it still got filthy on the bottom.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I'm planning to wear my dress. Our after party is in the bar of the hotel we're all staying at.
  • Options
    My friend was married in Rosarito Beach in Mexico and we went to one of the big clubs down there and they wore their dresses and their tuxes.  It was awesome seeing Claire in her dress eating tacos from a street vendor.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards