Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

creating your own wedding album - any tips?

I have the disc of photos, they are on Pictage, and I have them on Iphoto. 

I would like to create an album but am not sure (beyond picking the photos) if there is a best way to do it.  Any tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: creating your own wedding album - any tips?

• Options
    I used Shutterfly because it gives you page layouts and it's pretty idiot proof. I also like that it has a feature that lets me not duplicate the pics I put in the album.  After a certain point, I just couldn't remember anymore.

Snapfish also has really cool layouts.

HTH.
  • Options
    I JUST ordered mine off Walgreens.  THAT was pretty darn easy.  I chose the cheapest book to see the quality.  If I like it, I'll get more!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Do you want the printed photos to be removeable from the album or part of the page?  There are albums where the photos are printed and then mounted to the page, and there are photo books where the photos are printed as part of the page.  The biggest difference is price.

MPIX does the mounted ones for $200-ish.  The photo books can run anywhere from $25 to $75, depending on how many pages, what type of paper, and hard vs soft covers.

I've used Picaboo and Blurb both for photobooks.  Personally, if I were you, I'd check out MPIX.com and see if that's what you want & if it's in your budget.  If it's too much, then go to blurb.com and try out their software (you can download it for free). 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I did mine through Blurb, and it turned out beautifully (IMHO). Just use the premium paper!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_creating-own-wedding-album-tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:6d8d96bd-e3ce-4150-b2ca-020d892eeaa7Post:3854cf29-d294-4768-ad3a-abbc507fe1f5">Re: creating your own wedding album - any tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Shutterfly because it gives you page layouts and it's pretty idiot proof. I also like that it has a feature that lets me not duplicate the pics I put in the album.  After a certain point, I just couldn't remember anymore. Snapfish also has really cool layouts. HTH.
    Posted by AlexiaANDRobert[/QUOTE]

I agree with all this. Not to mention, I only went over the page limit by two pages, so our album was $22. Can't beat that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
     i just printed all of the photos from the disc, and put them in a regular photo album.  the flushmount style albums are very nice, but i wasnt going to pay the photographer $800 for one.  i am not creative at all, nor did i want to spend a huge amount of time trying to make an album.  what i did was time consuming enough.
  • Options
    Oh, I made our book out to 100 pages, so it was $200, but I had coupon codes for free shipping and 50% off so it was around $99 total :) So worth it.
  • Options
    If you have iphoto, and Ilife 09 then there is a " make book" option from the iphoto software and the books are suposed to be really good
  • Options
    I agree with the other suggestions for book makers, also if you want to edit them at all I highly recommend downloading Picasa Photo Editor. It's very user friendly and I was amazed at the retouch abilities on it. I could take out blemishes, shadows, the occasional boob fat, one of my friend's tan lines (at her request), it was awesome.
  • Options

I just ordered mine through MyPublisher. I got a 12x15inch size, with a hard cover. Also, when I signed up and downloaded the software, I got a code for a free book. So I ordered 2, and got the second one free which is nice.

• Options
    I did a professional quality album through Somerset and my review is in my married bio.

I did a photobook through Blurb for my mom for Mother's Day.  The photobooks are nice but they are not professional quality.  It depends on how much you want to spend.

I looked at Mpix but when I was looking they didn't provide templates which is why I went with Somerset.  I'm not sure if they do now or not.
  • Options
    I loooove Shutterfly. If you go with them, check retailmenot.com for promo codes.
    Slowww down, little ticker. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards