Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

Hey! I have a few minutes to kill while I'm waiting for my friend to get here. She's going to wait for my cable guy while I take my dog to the vet for her annual check out. I got double booked oops. Then helping friends move this afternoon. Gonna be a busy day!

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    Hi Loopy!

I just walked my dog, now I'm having a relaxing breakfast before I try to tackle a couple more rooms in the house.
  • Options
    Morning.  I just woke up.  Slept about two hours later than I planned to, but I guess I needed it.  Got to call my grandparents and go to the market at some point today.  And H wants to go see HG again tonight, so we'll see if that happens.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    morning.

I had a bad night sleep.  Chef D started coughing last night.  It kept me up all night.  

Not sure my plans today.  Final Four is here so DH is very busy.  I might go down to the park to see Blondie and then The Black Keys.  Not sure though. 

I saw Kiss last night. That was fun.  For being in their 60's they can still rock it.  Jimmy Buffett is tomorrow.  Definitely will see him.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Aww, poor Chef D :(  Hope he feels better soon.

• Options
    Morning!  We made margaritas last night with the tequila and agave nectar we brought back from Mexico.  They were DELICIOUS.  Now I need to work out and then go to the library and do my sociology project.  I'm having more fun watching the dogs wrastle.  The little one is hilarious, but he makes me so nervous.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Heya! Long time no seesies!

Hope ChefD is better. :( Poor guy. Bay, I want to go see HG when I am in Boston. EE! Can you believe it's just 2 weeks now?? Mica, I wish I'd had your relaxing morning. Adamar, did you get a new doggie?? Hi Loopy!!

I've been stupidly busy at work lately. I'm barely at my desk anymore and when I get home, I'm so fried that I can't even get up the gumption to turn my computer on.  Yesterday I took Lucy for her first grooming appointment and she looks so tiny now!! I mean, I knew she was mostly fur, but wow!!
  • Options
    No new dogs, Snippy.  They just still love each other after all these years :)
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Snippy, I hadn't realized it was only two weeks away because I am dreading this upcoming week like WHOA.  But this gives me something awesome to look forward to after my week o' hell at work!

• Options
    thanks for the well wishes. I'm such a paranoid mama and worry about him.

Snippy - I bet Lucy looks so different.  Our neighbors just groomed their golden-poodle mix.  She looks so thin now. Chef D is confused where all her fur went.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    H actually expressed an interest in seeing HG last night.  I'm crossing my fingers he still feels that way today.  Maybe we can go see a movie after my networking thing this evening.

The computer system that composes my entire work world is down for the weekend, so I can't do extra work until tomorrow afternoon.  Whee!
  • Options
    morning everyone.  I woke up too early (at like 6:30am) and I am starting to dread the wedding we are going to tonight...I am afraid I won't be able to make it till the end (12:30am)

I have a question...it just starting hailing out....I don't think my pashmina is going to be enough...can I wear my dress white wool coat?  or should I just suck it up and wear my everyday black wool coat?
  • Options
    I'm only used to hailstorms in California, but they usually only last for an hour.  Is there any chance it'll warm up in a few hours and you can reassess your coat situation?
  • Options
    they are saying the high temp for today is 42F, with a low of 30F...since the ceremony is at 5:30 tonight, I am assuming it is going to be cold and raw outside :(
  • Options
    Good morning! I'm sucking down my first cup of coffee before I get going with my day. I've somehow either managed to lose my purse or someone took it out of my car in the 20 minutes that it was unlocked the other day. Either way, I can't find it. Which also means that I have no drivers license, insurance cards, or debit card. I've already canceled my debit card, but now I have to go get a new one, along with my new license. I'm leaning more towards I've totally misplaced my purse, but it's been gone for two days. Undecided
  • Options
    Oh, that sucks, Jill.
  • Options
    I'm more irritated that I lost the actual purse than anything else. It was the perfect size clutch, in a yellowy-brown that went with basically everything I own. And it was a gift. Ugh.
  • Options
    Morning! I put my invitations in the mail last night. Ahh! Today FI and I are going to hit up a consignment store. Then I have a bridal shower to go to. It's for one of my sisters friends but we've known her family for years.
  • Options
    Morning! I have a bridal shower for my dad's FI today. I've been so busy I haven't had time to shop for it yet, so I'm going to head out to Target soon. It's a martini shower and we're supposed to bring something related to liquid as a gift. I'm hoping the margarita set they registered for hasn't been purchased yet.

What would you wear to a martini shower...? The invitation is kind of modern and funky. Casual, maybe?
  • Options
    I am NOT going to a shower today. Thank god. Enjoy your showers, ladies!

I AM, however, going to play Bingo. And I'm pumped about it.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Yay Aleigh!

What would you wear to a work event at a hockey game?  We're sitting in a box (yay!), but I can't decide how to dress.  Casual for the game vs. more dressy because it's networking?
  • Options
    hehe no it is inside...but about 45 mins from my house, and about 45 mins from the ceremony to reception.
  • Options
    Casual for the game, definitely.

Also, I AM SO PISSED I DIDNT WIN THE LOTTERY.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I'm pissed that no one I knew won the lottery.
  • Options
    Speaking of the lottery, one of my FB friends posted a status about how the lottery is over $600MM and there are over 300 million Americans, then stated they should just give every American $2,000,000.

I'm not great at math, but I'm pretty sure that would just break down to $2/per person. Oh, how I laughed.
  • Options
    I thought for a hot minute that Andrea_Lea won when I heard there was a winner in Maryland, BUT NO DICE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-234?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6de5bb3b-fe35-4061-97d6-380d538fbf1cPost:a2f1ee0c-a05e-4ed5-8f05-945ea4ef7de3">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of the lottery, one of my FB friends posted a status about how the lottery is over $600MM and there are over 300 million Americans, then stated they should just give every American $2,000,000. I'm not great at math, but I'm pretty sure that would just break down to $2/per person. Oh, how I laughed.
    Posted by ThankfulSnail[/QUOTE]

Oh dear.  Ha, but I DO like the idea of giving every American $2M.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-234?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6de5bb3b-fe35-4061-97d6-380d538fbf1cPost:cf2c2df8-ab43-4489-8ceb-1b634274d8b8">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's hard to win the lottery here - we don't have access unless we leave the state.  All the surrounding states have lotteries - Alabama thinks having a lottery will corrupt our moral characters.  Stupid state.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Of all the things to worry about, they're concerned about the LOTTERY?  Interesting choices, Alabama.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Yeah, I was pretty excited about the idea, too, until the wheels in my head started turning.

BUT I guess if everyone had $2 million, the prices on everything would go up and we would be back to square one. A good thought, though.
  • Options
    Mica, I'd wear a nice pair of jeans.  But that's me.  I live in jeans.

HI FISH!

I did not buy a lottery ticket, so I am not disappointed today.

• Options
    I don't understand Alabama. Says the girl who is going to play bar bingo.

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards