Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

just married sign

Just wondering if I make the just married sign for the car and pictures or if my bridalparty/family makes it. I know I'm not supposed to ask them for anything but I don't want to not make it thinking they will and then they dont or make something myself and hurt feelings. Am I overthinking this?
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: just married sign

• Options
    I think you're overthinking this lol.
    It totally depends, I mean, anyone can make the sign or decorate your car. Do you really want a sign? If so, make one and keep it well hidden. If they make one, no harm, no foul. If they don't, then you got your sign. I'm not sure if what I said is the best idea ever, but it's an idea.

I've honestly only seen this happen once. The groomsmen decorated the car... which didn't make tons of sense because the bride and groom were staying there (at the venue) overnight. And so no one was there to take picture the next morning or anything.
    The rest of the weddings I've been to, the bride and groom are the last to leave with just a few other people and they were bone tired. Soo there was rarely a reason for the signage, unless they wanted random drivers to honk and point.
  • Options
    Former students of mine decorated our car, and I was not expecting it at all b/c it was at our hotel, not at the venue. So they drove over to it (one of our best friends told them where it was and encouraged them to do it )to decorate it.  We had to wash ours right away, too, b/c it was WAY too much. 

Ditto Stage's advice.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-married-sign?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6fafedf8-3b5f-42ed-a0c7-e00cfbf8891ePost:753080b5-1843-4b31-bf01-8e82af5f3d4d">just married sign</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just wondering if I make the just married sign for the car and pictures or if my bridalparty/family makes it. I know I'm not supposed to ask them for anything but I don't want to not make it thinking they will and then they dont or make something myself and hurt feelings.<strong> Am I overthinking this?</strong>
    Posted by michellesean[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you REALLY want it; make it yourself unless you  want to have a talk with your BM's about it which I think would be awkward.
  • Options
    I guess I'm thinking about a sign that's all over etsy and pinterest and I know how everyone feels about pinterest. Some are fabric some are paper but they are used in the pictures and pinned to the car and can also be pinned to the sweetheart table at the reception. I don't mean that I would decorate the car. I just didnt want to make one of these signs if someone else is supposed to. Thanks for the advice. I think making one and keeping it hidden just in case is a great idea.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards