New York-New York City

Best time to buy a wedding gown for March 2013? Any chance it aligns with a NY "Running of the

I'm seeking advice for the best place and time to buy a wedding gown for a NY wedding (March 2013).  I had my heart somewhat set on going to one of the Running of the Brides events, but I heard those are over.  Are there any big sample sales in NY within the next few months?  I don't have a favorite designer, I'm open to all.

Thanks so much!!!!

Re: Best time to buy a wedding gown for March 2013? Any chance it aligns with a NY "Running of the

• edited December 2011
    I'm seeking advice for the best place and time to buy a wedding gown for a NY wedding (March 2013).  I had my heart somewhat set on going to one of the Running of the Brides events, but I heard those are over.  Are there any big sample sales in NY within the next few months?  I don't have a favorite designer, I'm open to all.

Thanks so much!!!!
  • PattySmith101PattySmith101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you have tons of time... there is probally another one before you even hit your 1 year mark...i would think they would have it before or after wedding season< which typically is beggining of may till end of october>
  • Thanks!  Do I really have to buy a gown between 10 and 12 months before my wedding date?
  • if you are going to be ordering a dress you should allow for 8 months.  6 months for the production from the designer and 2 months for alterations. 

Call the stores and ask when they are having the next blow out sale or check their websites - Kleinfelds may have one in Feb. 

They also have a sale on sundays once a month.  just give them a call.  Most larger stores may have samples to sell if you are trying to save some money. 

If you have a budget for your dress - just go and order, you are going to be happier than a crazy sale. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards