Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Help me with a quote?

I gave Manda this necklace with an engraved heart message on my wedding day. I want to do another heart for her 18th birthday, but I'm unsure of what it should say. I have 10-15 words. Does anyone have suggestions?

Re: Help me with a quote?

• Options
    Oh Manda well, you came and you gave without taking

Althuogh she is probably too young to be a Fanilow ;)
  • Options
    That's really neat Bec! 
    When I graduated college, a friend of mine gave me a necklace with this quote on it from Henry David Thoreau:
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined.

Not sure if that's too cheesy for what you're going for, but I thought it was cool.
  • Options
    What did the first one say?
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options

The first one said,

Front
    love u forever,
    like u for always.

Back
    As long as I'm living
    my baby you'll be.

It's a quote from her favorite book when she was little. I was pissed I had to use "u" to make it fit!

• Options
    Oh I love that book!

Wherever you go,
    Whatever you do,

Always be certain,
    Your mom loves you.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I love that, fische! I had to change the second side to "always know your mom loves you." but it fits!

I also got "Live life to the fullest." - Hemmingway on the front and "Happy 18th Birthday! Love Mom" on the back.

Now I'm torn!
  • Options
    Lets try posting this again...

Dr Suess: "oh the places you'll go..."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was thinking of a Dr. Seuss quote to from Oh the Places You'll Go, too!
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I like Fishy's.

Since she's turning 18 you could also do something about how you loved her as your child but now that she's grown up she has become your friend too.

But in less words.  And I know you've been friends for a long time and not just now.  :)
  • Options
    I'm excited for what your future brings,
    Now it's time to spread your wings. (and by wings, I don't mean legs)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    FWIW, when I went away to college, my mom got me a plate and had engraved on it
    "Always my daughter, now too, my friend.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_quote?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:71acfd38-df8e-457d-a459-2e854b193b33Post:e5827254-001d-4779-b199-d488f60de66c">Re: Help me with a quote?</a>:
    [QUOTE]FWIW, when I went away to college, my mom got me a plate and had engraved on it "Always my daughter, now too, my friend.
    Posted by crfische[/QUOTE]

<p>Ah, that is a very good example of the "less words" concept.  I like.  </p>
  • Options
    Fische, we have a winner! I'm ripping your mom off; I hope you don't mind.

I've repeatedly said "I'm here to be your mother, not your friend." to both my girls. I've told them we'll be friends when I'm done raising them and they are adults. Until then, they have to respect me and abide by my rules. So this is perfect!

Thank you all so much for your help! You ladies are awesome.
  • Options
    It's one of my most treasured things I have from my mom. Your daughter will absolutely love it. Promise. :)

The Margarita Evolution
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards