New York-New York City
Options

Queens Caterers

Hi ladies!
I'm planning on getting married in Queens and I would like to have the reception in Queens as well but I am finding it difficult to track down decent looking caterering halls.  I would really like the place to have windows and/or a skylight in the banquet room and start at under $100 for a Saturday night in June.
Am I asking the impossible?
Any suggestions in Queens that even remotely fit my criteria??

Cry

Anniversary

Re: Queens Caterers

• Options
    springflrspringflr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm guessing you already checked out Russo's?  As a wedding officiant, I've been to some very 1980s- looking catering halls in Queens (i.e. Dante's & Fleur De Lis).  I only really liked Renaissance of Astoria, which meets your budget, but not the window needs.  Nassau County has nicer ones.
  • Options
    cleokizzycleokizzy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm not sure about the rates but you could check out Terrace on the Park - that definitely fulfills your window criteria!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Terrace would be pretty tough for $100 on a Saturday night in June; maybe the off season but not June.
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Douglaston Manor is very pretty. Dante's is a wedding factory - they can have up to 6 events going on their at once, I believ. I have performed at many weddings there and depending on what room you are in, you can hear the music from the weddings next door.  It's in your budget  but I am not a fan, personally.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    ZamphiriaZamphiria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the info!!
    Much appreciated!

My parents had their reception at Dante, but that was in the  1970s, so far I have only heard negative reviews about it lately.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ZamphiriaZamphiria member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alrighty I think me and the fiance wil visit the Douglaston Manor and see whats what.
    According to the website's pics the Conservatory Room has some nice windows and skylights.
    Has anyone seen it in real life?
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards