Wedding Etiquette Forum

You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread

Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread

• raes19raes19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

H's mom left him a voicemail that she is coming home next month to visit. He has only talked to her once in the last two years, and that's because she called to tell him that I was ruining his life. This biiitch is seriously off her rocker. She was trying to sound all cutesy in the voicemail and asking if the two of them could get together while she is here (to try and tell him all the ways he would be better off without me, no doubt). Seriously, she makes me want to go on a homicidal rampage.

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Raes, she sounds pleasant. I'm assuming your H said no?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:0b2ff01e-aef6-4b31-8670-7feff0e09f4e">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]H's mom left him a voicemail that she is coming home next month to visit. He has only talked to her once in the last two years, and that's because she called to tell him that I was ruining his life. This biiitch is seriously off her rocker. She was trying to sound all cutesy in the voicemail and asking if the two of them could get together while she is here (to try and tell him all the ways he would be better off without me, no doubt). Seriously, she makes me want to go on a homicidal rampage.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

<div>She sounds like a special person.</div>
  • Yikes, Raes. She sounds like a nightmare. 
  • Lovely Raes. 
  • raes19raes19 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:31524edf-a7d6-45b4-8577-246d8d18b663">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]raes is he going to see her?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

No, he can't stand her. When his parents split up when he was a kid, she moved to the other side of the country and didn't really care what happened to him. When was in high school, he got a part time job so she started calling him asking to borrow money. She was really pissed when she found out we were getting married, because for no reason at all she hates my guts. After the wedding, she sent us a card that basically said he made the wrong choice, but good luck anyway. Mom-of-the-Year, right there.
  • edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:4af8c580-b6de-4e7e-91de-f98cd0016892">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara how are you feeling?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm alright. Sad, naturally. But I'm glad he didn't suffer. Our vet is seriously awesome and let me hold him the whole time, and let us stay in the room as long as we needed. We're getting his ashes back in a week or so.</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Thank you for asking :)</div>
  • raes19raes19 member
    Holly, we were excited the other day because it started to rain. It lasted about 10 minutes, so it didn't do much. It's crazy how hot and dry it has been this year.
  • Thanks Chels! That was yet another teaser from the photographer he sent today. He had us stand as still as possible kissing in front of the dance flloor to get that effect. I have severe picture ADD with this and FB right now. He sent a link to the photo book he made today and I so can't wait to get it (pending a few minor correcetions).

Wow Raes, she sounds super special.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:4c4ad7c8-19d1-4494-8921-0c1b9c92406e">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread : No, he can't stand her. When his parents split up when he was a kid, she moved to the other side of the country and didn't really care what happened to him. When was in high school, he got a part time job so she started calling him asking to borrow money. She was really pissed when she found out we were getting married, because for no reason at all she hates my guts. After the wedding, she sent us a card that basically said he made the wrong choice, but good luck anyway. Mom-of-the-Year, right there.
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

<div>I find it shocking that you aren't ready to cuddle up together in front of a warm-fireplace and drink hot-cocoa together.</div>
  • heb557heb557 member
    Raes- That sucks, she sounds wicked! Good for your H for being headstrong enough not to fall for her garbage.
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Oh my gosh Sara, I'm so sorry. :( *hugs*
  • Hey everybody,
    I just finished eating some yummy lasagna and now we are watching a Hallmark movie.

I can't decide if I want to go to my new office tomorrow and work or not. I want to get organized but I also want to be lazy. Decisions, decisions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sara, I'm so sorry.  :(  I'm glad you were able to be there with him though.  Consider yourself hugged. 
  • edited July 2012
    Thank you, Midge.

And Girlie.
  • Sorry to hear that, Sara. :( HUGS!
  • Ah this thread is moving too fast for me! 

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs from me as well! 
  • As far as the song from the movie....only one FB friend decided to play...but he guessed young frankenstein too.

When H got home I made him look...he said "I don't know this song and I don't think it is in a movie" Gah!

So i am trying to tell myself that I was just think of Dr. John's "New Look" from European Vacation http://youtu.be/Z9SPuUntnno (even though I totally know that is not what I was thinking of)

Oh and homemade bacon...would be.... interesting.
  • Thanks Jess.

You guys are all so awesome, and sweet. <3
  • We are pretty awesome. 
  • TK for real needs a 'like' button. 
  • Good evening!

H left late last night to go back to work.  I had a quiet day.  Just chillin with my TV waiting for Bachelorette to come on.  90 minutes.  I need to fix my fingernail polish at some point.  Two of them chipped today.
  • Aw Sara, I'm so sorry.
    Raes, holy crap she sounds toxic.

Speaking of bad parents. I'm trying to work up the nerve to finally confront my dad about his pre-wedding FB snooping. I'm not looking forward to it.  I wanted to wait until after the HM to do it, and now here we are. Blegh.
  • Loopy, I was hoping you'd get on. 

I saw these on Etsy and thought of you:

• Oh, Sara! So very sorry. Supremely sad. 
  • chels what was he snooping on FB for?
  • edited July 2012
    FI and I are hanging out at a friend's house. We came up to see some friends of ours last week for vacation and we are leaving tomorrow morning. I don't want to leave, but we have a lot of WR stuff to take care of when we get back.
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:2e449052-59d5-4087-b21b-fbbb14d53350">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy, I was hoping you'd get on.  I saw these on Etsy and thought of you: <a href="http://www.etsy.com/listing/90115305/kids-wall-art-childrens-room-decor-baby?ref=cat2_gallery_27" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/listing/90115305/kids-wall-art-childrens-room-decor-baby?ref=cat2_gallery_27</a>
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

I'm not Loopy, but I think it's adorable. It makes me want to decorate a nursery. Not necessarily have a baby, but I could decorate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_you-can-talk-to-me-set-your-secrets-free-baby-aka-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7432a1aa-7d6c-484d-b1d5-f5428639dac7Post:e6e0b86a-f72d-49e9-90db-237dde583b96">Re: You can talk to me, set your secrets free baby AKA Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]TK for real needs a 'like' button. 
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>But not one that links to FB.</div>
  • Those elephants are sooooooooooo adorable! I love them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards