Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How Late Is Too Late for STDs?

I meant to order them about a month ago, but got side tracked.

My wedding is July 31st.  Would the end of this month/early March be too late?  It's a semi-destination wedding, so I'd assume most people would be staying over night and need hotel information.

Re: How Late Is Too Late for STDs?

• Options
    Yes I'd say it's too late.  Your invites would be going out about 3 months after sending the STDs so what's the point?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I think it is fine to send them if you feel like you really need to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you could get them out by the first of March, it'd be fine.  Your invites wouldn't go out until the beginning of June. 

You could also just send an e-mail to each person that you know will have to travel and give them the important info they need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say save the money and send an e-card/ email STD.  
  • Options
    Thanks.  Frankly, we have a large guest list, everyone is OOT, and I don't have everyone's email, so that is out of the question.  And it's not too much money, since we're doing the VistaPrint free postcard route.  I'll just make sure I order them this week, and get them out as soon as they arrive.
  • Options
    I wouldn't do them any later than 5 months out, which is the end of this month. Just make sure you have all addresses and you should be fine. (I'm STILL waiting on many addresses and I've had my STDs in my hand for 2 months.)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm also getting married July 31st, and we just sent our STDs out last Thursday.  I don't think it's too late!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards