Wedding Etiquette Forum

*Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...

What's everyone doing tonight / this weekend?

Tell me one random fact about your week, good or bad..

Re: *Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...

• Now I wish I had a cupcake! Argh! Waiting for FI to get home with dinner.  Working on the house this weekend.  We're in the midst of 9 month long kitchen renovation.  I'm a baker (hobby, not profession), so it's killing me!

Random fact about the week...got a little freaked out by our venue (an inn) and it had "Mr. and Mrs. Paul <enter FI's last name here />" in writing for our wedding night's reservation.  It's was an "awww" moment, but scary at the same time.  Smile

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oooh, that is scary / exciting! Congrats! We're still deciding on venues, that's totally freaking me out. Lol.

Congrats on the reno, sounds fun / irritating. Haha.
  • Last night was the only night this week I've had decent sleep. That's my random fact about this week. FI will be home from a work trip in about an hour, and I'm pretty gosh darned excited :) Sorry, that's two random facts.

Anyway, hi! Damn glad to meet ya!
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • I just went shopping with FI for my engagement ring, and now I have to wait 10 days to get it while they size it.  And I want it NOW. :(   What about you?
  • @Laurenclaire - Thank you! I've always wanted to tell you I love your Siggy pic, but I never exactly had a chance, Lol. Yay for FI coming home!

@amysmomma - Damn waiting! I hate it.. Congrats about the ring! What's it look like?! Pics? :)

I am at work, until 830, at which time, I will be going home, and drinking. Quite a bit. It's been a uber rough week.. My Grandmother (my favorite) was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on Tuesday.. We're all taking it really hard. I'm pretty sure I've cried myself to sleep every night since then..
  • Hmm, random fact about this week? 

We've identified up to 7 or 8 plants in the garden and found out the creek behind us is actually ON our property.  Supposedly it has platypus in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well thanks Cupcake!

aMrs! What's the haps man? Haven't seen you around in a bit. If you have a platypus, I'd like to see it please!
  • @aMrs - Ooh, Platypus are pretty cute. Haha.. Creeks are awesome, and that's really cool you have one on your property..
  • I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother.  :(  How is she taking it? 

I don't have any pics of the ring, I thought I'd get to bring it home.  But I will definitely take pics when I get it, cuz sometimes I like to AW.  :)
  • @Lauren, we only had dial-up for the logest time, so I've been slowly coming back, plus we're like 14 hours difference, so that makes it hard.

As for the platypus and creek, I'm sure they are both very cool, but to see them would require me to venture beyond the fece lie and honestly, its scary back there.
  • She's not taking it too well.. She sort of, but not exactly, told me she doesn't really want to fight it. She's had 2 heart attacks within the last 10 years, and she has Lupus.. She's a pretty sick lady when you get down to it, but she's made it this far, and through all of that...

When she was telling me, she kept playing with my left hand, but I wasn't really paying attention.. When I woke up the next morning, my first thought was, she was playing with my engagement ring. She's scared she won't be there.. It totally broke my heart.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_longtime-lurker-super-bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7f987dfd-7026-4a5a-b01d-7e0f658f82aePost:4731f4eb-c38b-43e5-ace4-0583b9c104c3">Re: *Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Lauren, we only had dial-up for the logest time, so I've been slowly coming back, plus we're like 14 hours difference, so that makes it hard. As for the platypus and creek, I'm sure they are both very cool, but to see them would require me to venture beyond the fece lie and honestly, its scary back there.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]
    Dial up is teh suck! My parents are still on dial up cause they live in the middle of damn nowhere.

Also, I grew up next to a creek, so I get not wanting to venture out there. Snakes and such. Yeah there's cute stuff, like squirells and chipmunks, but fuuck a damn snake.
  • Lauren, now that I think about it, where we live is probably not very different than "backwoods" LA.  Just different critters and foliage.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_longtime-lurker-super-bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7f987dfd-7026-4a5a-b01d-7e0f658f82aePost:4f1464ed-dab2-4433-9e5d-500ce7da4e47">Re: *Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's not taking it too well.. She sort of, but not exactly, told me she doesn't really want to fight it. She's had 2 heart attacks within the last 10 years, and she has Lupus.. She's a pretty sick lady when you get down to it, but she's made it this far, and through all of that... When she was telling me, she kept playing with my left hand, but I wasn't really paying attention.. When I woke up the next morning, my first thought was, she was playing with my engagement ring. She's scared she won't be there.. It totally broke my heart.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

That's so sad!!  :(  How old is she?  And when is your wedding? 
  • She's 67. Wedding is 11/13/2011.. We're waiting to hear what her treatment will be, then based on that, we'll either keep the Wedding Date, or change it so it's closer..
  • Hi cupcake! Hate to hear that about your Gma.
    I am laying around trying to get up the strength to go work out. Random fact of the week, I somehow managed to make all A's (well, one B) for the past 2 semesters and still get excluded from school... I had a very rough semester a few ago and made like 3 Fs and still working on pulling that up, so I just got done typing my appeal. Yuck.
    MAY 2011 SIGGY CHALLENGE : YOU & MOH (I was also her MOH)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Bio**
  • 67 is a very young age to go through all that she has.  It's very considerate of you to consider moving your date for her.  I think I would do the same in your situation.  Breast cancer treatments are much more advanced now than they used to be, I wish her the best.

Anyway, I'll help you get your mind off of it a bit.  Have you chosen your wedding colours yet?
  • Yuck indeed Kris! I went through that my first two years of College, was working 3 jobs AND going to school. Obviously that didn't work, so I failed one semester, then dropped out. I'm currently on Academic Probation, grr.. Working on my petition to remove those classes from my transcript too..
  • Yes, we have! :) And thank you..

Main colors are Black and Green, accent colors are Hot Pink and White..
    I'll be wearing a Black gown (yes, so controversial, but we're really not traditional, and I hate White), and lime green high heels..
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_longtime-lurker-super-bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7f987dfd-7026-4a5a-b01d-7e0f658f82aePost:a8649854-8fbe-4e1b-8c9c-841018ea453f">Re: *Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, we have! :) And thank you.. Main colors are Black and Green, accent colors are Hot Pink and White.. <strong>I'll be wearing a Black gown (yes, so controversial, but we're really not traditional, and I hate White), and lime green high heels..</strong>

That sounds hot!   
  • Lol. I'm hoping! Haha..

What are your colors? Any big milestones you've reached in your planning? Where are you getting married?
  • Yea that was partly my problem. I have a 3 year old, his dad left  (and he was the one who was making the money while i went to school). so i picked up one job, wasn't making enough money, so i picked up a second job. then my step dad had a heart attack, so i lost my babysitter (my mom) for a while, and had to put my son in daycare, which made more bills (daycare was $120/wk and he stayed sick while he was in daycare, so doc bills, too). it was a mess of a semester. ugh, oh well. I hope even though they said "working too many hours is not an excuse", they will realize i was doing what i had to do. if not, then i'll just be a year behind.
    **Bio**
  • They definitely should understand, Kris.. Huge family situational changes, I mean come on... Most people have hearts, here's to hoping they do for you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_longtime-lurker-super-bored-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7f987dfd-7026-4a5a-b01d-7e0f658f82aePost:da9f24ea-59c5-4002-8160-c3273bee883f">Re: *Longtime Lurker* Super Bored at work...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol. I'm hoping! Haha.. What are your colors? Any big milestones you've reached in your planning? Where are you getting married?

My colours are red black and white.  I'm going for the tradtional white gown with train, and red shoes.  Um.. milestones... guest list is done, reception and church is booked, photog, dj and decorations booked, and that's pretty much it.  FILs are paying for half the caterer so they wanted to book it.  I'm getting married in a small town close to the small town that I live in a Catholic church. 

How about you?  How long have you been engaged now?
  • Thanks cupcake. I hope so!

**Bio**
  • Funny story:

I met FI the first day of College in 2006. He worked at the Cafe at school. We were Best Friends for more than a year and a half (I was head over heels for him the entire time).. He asked me to be his girlfriend on July 21st, 2007 and asked me to marry him on the 22nd.. Lol.

We originally we're getting married last November, but FI got sick and was in the hospital for a little more than a week, but we don't have Insurance, so the bill was more than $45,000. So we pushed it back to next November, in hopes we'll have some money saved up by then.. Haha.

I've got some ideas as to where we want the Wedding, but it's all kind of up in the air at the moment.. I'm glad we didnt put any deposits down yet..

We've got the Guest List 99% figured out. Haven't figured out food or anything yet. FI is a chef, and he is UBER picky, so finding a local that I LOVE and a place that is BYO has been a little hard in our budget..
  • He proposed after you were his girlfriend for a day?!  Omg, I guess there really is such a thing as love at first site.  How cute is that!

Oh god that sucks about you FI getting sick and it costing $45,000!  I'm so glad that we don't have to pay for health care here.

Yes it's a good thing that you didn't put any deposits yet.  But if you decide to move your wedding up to the summer, you may need to move fast because summer venues tend to move quickly. 
  • Hiya! Tomorrow we finish moving (yuck) and then we're having a slumber party with the puppy. We want her to spend a night outside of her crate, but we're going to stay with her for the majority of the night so we don't wake up to puddles everywhere.

Um, random fact about my week? I haven't got anything exciting. Just more working on the house and trying to keep the puppy from biting us.
  • Lol. Ya, but we'd been Best Friends for over a year and a half.. We talked everyday (if for some reason we didn't see each other that day), and he was my Everything for that time.. I went through a lot of crappy family stuff, and he was there for me the entire time.. It didn't seem odd to me (or my family or his) at all.. We just sort of melded from Best Friends to Engaged..

Ya, the bills still haunt us. Lol. Medical stuff SUCKS in California..
  • That's really awesome.  I consider my FI my best friend too.  And it's awesome that your families accepted the relationship, that always helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards