New York-New York City

Winter NYC destination wedding -- activities for out of towners

Hi fellow knotties!

My wedding is at the boathouse in NYC, and I have approx 150 out of towners coming in for the occasion.  My wedding is Feb 20th, so I need something for Thurs night, Friday night, Saturday daytime....

I'm trying to come up with 4 or 5 activities to have for my guests.  (example--  I wanted to get a suite at the Knicks game... but they aren't playing that weekend)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Winter NYC destination wedding -- activities for out of towners

• edited December 2011
    You can try discounted tickets to a Broadway or off-Broadway show.  Comedy shows are always fun, especially in big groups.  Tour of the city, if they've never been - many of the double-deckers have covering on top to still get a full feel when driving around.

That's about all I can come up with on the top of my head; harder to think of indoor things during the winter.
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can also do ice skating in Prospect Park Brooklyn or Rockefeller Center in Manhattan- depending on weather.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Second ice skating.  There's the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City, but you have to buy way in advance.  You can still do a boat cruise in the Harbor in the winter, just bundle.
  • lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Madame Toussauds has a great package too i think!

Also see if the Museum of Natural HIstory, the MET, or the MOMA have evening hours at that night.
  • inloveinbkinloveinbk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Top of the Rock is great-- Rockefeller Center-- We went there for Valentine's Day, and it was freezing but AMAZING.

Also-- Food food food!  Dinner and Karaoke in Koreatown?  The Cloisters?  

I third Ice Skating, and second the Met, the MOMA, the Museum of Natural History.  

You could also ride the Staten Island Ferry or Walk Over the Brooklyn Bridge and have dinner at Grimaldi's or The River Cafe.  Amazing views!  

Or, go the other way-- start in Brooklyn, walk over the Brooklyn Bridge, and then have dinner or a fleet of wine at a cute cafe on Front Street.

• edited December 2011
    Check out Goldstar. It's a site my girlfriend used to buy tickets for vernues my bachelorette party in Vegas. I checked it out when I got home and it turns out they have a bunch of discounts for NYC activities! Broadway shows are awesome, also museums, just a walk in Central Park in the winter is stunning! Also, check out Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building.
    Goldstar's site is https://www.goldstar.com/join?p=F1417188RP
    Also, maybe try TKTS for cheap tickets for broadway (though goldstar is more convenient because you can buy the tickets ahead of time and at home rather than waiting outside in the freezing cold.
    Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards