Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

*Squirrly* (not Squirrelly)

Hey there birthday girl! Happy belated. How was your ski trip? Did you guys make it with all the snow around there?

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko

Re: *Squirrly* (not Squirrelly)

• Options
    Dear god, the drive was horriffic.  The resort got 26" of snow while we were on the road, and it took us over 8 hours to get there.  We were the only car on the interstate for quite a while.  At one point, we passed the only plow we saw because 1) his plow lines were out of control, like he'd been drinking & weren't helpful, and 2) he was driving 8 mph.  I have photos and a few secs of video on my camera, but it's somewhere in FI's stuff right now.

The skiing was AWE-SOME, though.  All powder, all weekend.  And it was DEAD yesterday, so we had run of the mountain, pretty much.  We got home last night just as the snow started to fly here & I'm working from home because everything here is closed.  FI's on his way home too, actually.

And - thanks!  The big day is officially tomorrow, so I hope it thaws out around town.  We're supposed to be going to dinner at a place that does half price wine on Wednesdays.  Fun! 

What'd I miss this weekend?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Happy early Birthday!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, that drive sounds crazy! But what a payoff to have a mountain all to yourself with fresh powder. I'm totally jealous! Glad you guys made it there and back safely and get to stay in. Sorry about the belated b-day wishes... I don't want to peg anyone a year older until it's actually accurate. :) Your dinner sounds fun too.

I wasn't around here much this weekend, but yesterday was sort of interesting. There have been a lot of newbs and some AE/troll types. Other than that, the usual I think.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Happy early b-day :) I'm jealous of your skiing!
  • Options
    Thanks all!  It was lots of fun.  It was also really awesome to get away from wedding planning, house-selling, job-finding, moving, etc. stress and just spend a fun weekend with FI.  We drank too much champagne, went to a weird on-mountain super bowl party, and generally showed off on skiis all weekend.  It rocked. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards