Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

What Should I be responsible for?

FI and I are getting married in Barbados next February

My parents and possibly my sister are looking like our only guests for our super small ceremony. We are not sending out invitations to anyone because we are using this opportunity for not only to get married but a family vacation as well since we all have such busy lives. However I have had several people ask about the dates, hotel information and flight schedules. I haven't said to anyone "you should come" or anything of the sort.
We are providing a huge Villa for my parents and sister and will be having a chef as well.  

Outside of this are we expected to do anything else? Provide anything for people that show up?

I really don't want to flat out say to people "Don't Come" especially when I have already stated that we are doing it small with only my parents.

Re: What Should I be responsible for?

• Options
    If you don't want anyone else to come, then when they ask for information just tell them, "We're having a private ceremony" and leave it at that.  You might be best to avoid talking about wedding stuff AT ALL except with your parents and sister.

I don't think you need to provide anything else for your parents and sister -- a villa and chef sounds great!
    DSC_9275
  • Options

Really the only thing that has been said is that we have set a date for next February in Barbados. We keep letting people know that we are planning on just my family coming and thats it.

• Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_what-should-i-be-responsible-for?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:848f0ea3-8b93-44b2-98c1-2ed7113464fdPost:40c1531e-32ca-40be-9636-e18f47472883">Re: What Should I be responsible for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really the only thing that has been said is that we have set a date for next February in Barbados. We keep letting people know that we are planning on just my family coming and thats it.
    Posted by Lissa1213[/QUOTE]

<div>Then no. If people show up, you're not responsible for them b/c you didn't invite them there. Just don't give them any specific info, and they won't be able to show up then anyway. </div>
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    If you think extended family (and friends) may be sad that you are not including them in your wedding celebration, you might consider having an informal reception when you return from the wedding. 

If you want to do this and you are afraid of appearing greedy (for gifts), you could suggest people donate to a non-profit organization or give you a favorite family recipe instead.

Good luck and enjoy your wedidng!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards