Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Can you invite only some members of a family?

Readers Digest version: I had a BFF for years with some mental health issues. About a year ago she became really withdrawn and the friendship suffered. We ended up exchanging words and haven't spoken since. It wasn't horrible, just very final. She has 4 kids and is married to the father of #4. I've remained close to the oldest (17 years old) and her husband. They're looking forward to coming and he said he doesn't want to be excluded because of our friendship ending. He said that he could see her intercepting an invitation and suggested I send it to his workplace instead of the house. I know 1) etiquette dictates marrieds are always invited as a pair and 2) an obvious argument is that anything could happen between now and August, but I know her very well and I know for a fact she will not come. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and invite all of them and mail it to his work address? Or is it ok to just go with what he suggested and only invite him & the oldest? It's a ways out still.... Just been weighing heavily on my mind because we were doing a tentative guest list and Future Hub saw his name and said "Do you really think N would come without C?" I know he would.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards