Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Opinions, please!

Instead of a registry, card box OR money tree, what if I just pinned money to my wedding dress on the big day, or to any other bridal event?

I think it'd be REALLY CUTE, JUST LIKE THIS LADY!

We would, of course, have a note on our invites that said, "BRING YOUR CASH!"

Re: Opinions, please!

• Options
    Only if you also utilise a cute poem to let your guests know that you just want their money, honey!
  • Options
    Nothing's as klassy as a money tree!
  • Options

It could go a little like this:

On this blessed day of bliss,
    Please don't be a priss.
    Loosen those strings,
    Leave some ca-ching
    Open your purse or your wallet
    Or whatever you call it
    Be a sweet honey
    And leave us some money!

XOXO, THE BRIDE AND GROOM

• Options
    Hahaha I love it, Jess!
  • Options
    Um, THIS Is more classy. NOTHING is as classy as suck for a buck. COME ON.
    http://image12.webshots.com/12/8/44/95/157284495PPlJFP_fs.jpg
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    There will be a fight to see who gets to pin the money on your ass.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    I don't mean this in an "OMG who are you" way, but were you here before your wedding?  Did you have a different sig pic?  Because your name sounds familiar but I don't remember you at all and it's driving me crazy.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Repost that picture, fishy, or leave the link. I can't see it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_opinions-please-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:85e0ab21-cdbe-4aa8-930c-b3e677a9e47ePost:4fc8f065-2a2c-44b1-84a9-295e759d15e5">Re: Opinions, please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't mean this in an "OMG who are you" way, but were you here before your wedding?  Did you have a different sig pic?  Because your name sounds familiar but I don't remember you at all and it's driving me crazy.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've been around for over a year, but I have the tendency to post a whole lot, and then I'll go AWOL for a while. My signuature changes all the time, so I don't think that'll help. :(
  • Options

She just looks different in that picture of her with the money tacked onto her dress :P

Actually brie, you'll remember her if you click her bio and look at the pictures of her with the red bouquet. 

and yes! great poem! My only concern is that the 'it' and 'wallet' only rhyme if you have a particular accent... that's ok though, I'm pretty sure it's still classy even if it only half rhymes!

• Options
    That is actually what happens during the dollar dance in my circle. So yes, it is as tacky as it looks. Also, in some circles here, people pin money on you on your birthday.. but it sound to me like mugger bait
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    No, I remember the red bouquet pics, I just can't remember her from before the wedding and I feel like I should for some reason.  No big deal, I think I might be thinking of Travis&Cari or some other Trav person?  Was that someone?
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options

There was a Trav and Cari. Look in my bio at our engagements. Some of those may be familiar.

• Options
    I lied. Don't go to my bio for E-Pics. Go to the link that says E-Pics. Duh. I'm a loser.

BUT AT LEAST I'M GETTIN SOME MONEY!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards