North Carolina

Vanlandingham Estate Reception Ideas???

We're getting married at the Vanlandingham Estate in November. Does anyone have any reception decor ideas? Any advice specific to the Vanlandingham? How did you set up the inside for dance floor/DJ/tables? Did you stay at the Estate the night before? Night of? Any room recommendations?

Re: Vanlandingham Estate Reception Ideas???

• edited December 2011

I am getting married at the Morehead Inn in April :)

I have seen gorgeous weddings online at the Vanlandingham too! I serached a lot in google to find pictures, mostly through local photographers websites, of weddings that have been at the Inn and it helped me tremendously. Search like "wedding reception at Vanlandingham Estate" and then scroll through looking for photogs webiste or blog addresses.

• scmiller2783scmiller2783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That's a great idea, I'll definitely try that! Congratulations! My future sister-in-law got married at the Morehead in October of 2005, it was absolutely beautiful! Are you staying in the bridal suite they have there? She loved that, said it was one of her favorite parts!

Oh and the food is SO good! Who is your baker?
  • edited December 2011
    There's a couple of girls who got married last year at Vanlandingham - I think they're listed under the ncbridebio HERE
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    I actuallly am staying at the Duke Mansion because the Inn was solid booked. We are having a noon wedding, so I think the couple having the evening reception are the ones who booked the whole Inn since that is required in the contract. Our ceremony is actually at the Belk Chapel, so the Duke Mansion is a good second choice for the night before especially for photos!

I am using Tizzerts for my cake, keeping it pretty simple with white pearl dots and fresh flowers on top. What about you? Any chance you remember certain foods from your sisters wedding? Deciding on the food has been so hard, and we are doing heavy hors d'oeuvres.
  • edited December 2011
    We came very close to booking the VLE for our wedding, it's GORGEOUS. Just wanted to say that :)  There was someone on here last year who got married there, for the life of me I cant remember her name, she had beautiful curly hair and had a TON of guests at the wedding, that i do remember.
  • scmiller2783scmiller2783 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

Oh and I have looked at Tizzerts, they have some amazing cakes!! I'll have to ask her about the food, off hand I can't remember and I know she was so busy running around greeting/thanking people that she didn't eat much. But I'll ask, my future mother-in-law might remember some stuff too. Good luck with everything, I'm sure it will be beautiful!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards