Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

How to dress for brunch wedding?

We are attending a brunch wedding tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear. The ceremony will be outside and the temp is expected to be a chilly 55 degrees at ceremony time. It's Texas, 55 is pretty chilly to us right now! The ceremony will be followed by a champagne brunch which I believe will be held indoors. How dressy is this kind of event? The invitation gives a more formal vibe, but it is a brunch so how "formal" can it be? All of the dresses I have in mind that are weather appropriate are black and I'm trying to avoid wearing black to a daytime wedding. Any thoughts? I've never been to a brunch wedding before. TIA.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to dress for brunch wedding?

• Options
    Maybe a nice sundress with a cardigan?
  • Options
    I would dress like I would for church.  A skirt with blouse and cardigan, or a dress with a cardigan.  55 is WAY too cold for an outdoor wedding -- I hope they have portable heaters outside or something!  I would bring a wrap or heavy coat just in case:-)
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I have some dresses that are on the dressier side of things I wear to work, I would do something like that, or skirt and blouse, with a heavy wrap for the ceremony.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-to-dress-for-brunch-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8c4d2935-2717-420c-b1a7-f73c59688735Post:18ee3166-f0ba-4319-af12-eced2a180961">How to dress for brunch wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are attending a brunch wedding tomorrow and I have no idea what to wear. The ceremony will be outside and the temp is expected to be a chilly 55 degrees at ceremony time. It's Texas, 55 is pretty chilly to us right now! The ceremony will be followed by a champagne brunch which I believe will be held indoors. How dressy is this kind of event? The invitation gives a more formal vibe, but it is a brunch so how "formal" can it be? All of the dresses I have in mind that are weather appropriate are black and I'm trying to avoid wearing black to a daytime wedding. Any thoughts? I've never been to a brunch wedding before. TIA.
    Posted by NO2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I went to an outdoor daytime wedding last year and wore a nice pants suit.  To keep warm, I added my grandmother's fur stole and this really wide brimmed black hat.  I felt pretty bada** if I do say so myself.

</div>

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I ended up wearing a lighter sweater dress and heels. It was very interesting to see the variety of outfits. I guess there is no standard dress code for a daytime wedding! The MOB wore a beautiful "church lady" suit as CMG put it and it was very appropriate. :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards