Wedding Etiquette Forum

Eclipse *spoilers inside*

For those who asked; I'm just c&ping my post from NBC-Twilight (while simultaneously trying to do a bigfuckinghappydance while holding my laptop):

OH MY GOD; SERIOUSLY FANFUCKINGTASTIC!

I'm going again, most likely Thursday afternoon. It was SO well done and everything just looked better; the makeup, the costumes, the sets - even Jasper's hair actually. Fabulous.

There were SO many more lines from the book than I'd anticipated there being, which made me a happy bloody camper, and Charlie totally stole every scene he was in. And DaddyC? Um, YUM.

AND the new HP trailer played at the beginning *happybanana*

I am ecstatic. Oh goodness. There are no words. That movie was just epic win all around.

The tent scene was brilliant AND the whole leg-hitch *sah-woon* and the Charlie-Bella-Virgin conversation? I died. Died.

The effects were really great too. Gah. I'm just so stoked, by far the best of the three. I'd kiss David Slade if I ever met him. There's no way I can go to bed now...

Laughing I cannot wait to get back into a theatre to see it again.

Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside*

• I loved it as well :) I'm about to crash, but we went to a 6 PM preview double-feature with New Moon. It was good seeing them back-to-back!

Eclipse is my favorite of the series, and they did me proud :) I feel like the characters really got fleshed out in this one, and Kristen Stewart's Bella was more like the Bella I pictured from the books... More self-deprecating than whiny. Although she really needs to stop biting her lower lip all the time.

Yay good movie!
  • I saw it this morning too, it was great. I'll probably see it again this weekend.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eclipse-spoilers-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ce7610f-3adc-4f2b-b8c6-2a4be51f803dPost:dee83ca8-7b12-4cce-b628-bdbaa0657987">Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside*</a>:
    [QUOTE]I loved it as well :) I'm about to crash, but we went to a 6 PM preview double-feature with New Moon. It was good seeing them back-to-back! Eclipse is my favorite of the series, and they did me proud :) I feel like the characters really got fleshed out in this one, and Kristen Stewart's Bella was more like the Bella I pictured from the books... More self-deprecating than whiny. Although <strong>she really needs to stop biting her lower lip all the time</strong>. Yay good movie!
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]

Yes!  She definitely needs to get a grip on that.  Haven't seen Eclipse yet (but read all the books), can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eclipse-spoilers-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ce7610f-3adc-4f2b-b8c6-2a4be51f803dPost:e554ff0c-6b5e-47f6-968b-bdab179cb201">Eclipse *spoilers inside*</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those who asked; I'm just c&ping my post from NBC-Twilight (while simultaneously trying to do a bigfuckinghappydance while holding my laptop): OH MY GOD; SERIOUSLY FANFUCKINGTASTIC! I'm going again, most likely Thursday afternoon. It was SO well done and everything just looked better; the makeup, the costumes, the sets - even Jasper's hair actually. Fabulous. There were SO many more lines from the book than I'd anticipated there being, which made me a happy bloody camper, and Charlie totally stole every scene he was in. And DaddyC? Um, YUM. AND the new HP trailer played at the beginning * happybanana* I am ecstatic. Oh goodness. There are no words. That movie was just epic win all around.  <strong> The tent scene was brilliant AND the whole leg-hitch *sah-woon* and the Charlie-Bella-Virgin conversation?</strong> I died. Died.  The effects were really great too. Gah. I'm just so stoked, by far the best of the three. I'd kiss David Slade if I ever met him. There's no way I can go to bed now... I cannot wait to get back into a theatre to see it again.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

This intrigues me.  Explanation?
    Photobucket
  • Eclipse is my favorite book, so I'm super excited about seeing it. I'm seeing it at 8 tonight. eep!
  • Eclipse was also my favorite! I can't wait to see it!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eclipse-spoilers-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ce7610f-3adc-4f2b-b8c6-2a4be51f803dPost:64da8d85-82ef-4414-a33f-0713268c3d43">Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Eclipse *spoilers inside* : This intrigues me.  Explanation?
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

SD - have you read the books?
  • SD I don't want to give things away if you've not read the books, but page 186 in Eclipse is like... it... for Twifans, and they didn't let us down in the movie.

The tent scene is the next big *omgomgomg* part of the book and I wasn't sure how it was going to play out, because RPattz hasn't done the angsty thing particularly well up until this point, but his acting is far and away better in Eclipse than it was in the previous two.

And the other thing; Charlie is Bella's dad. So you know, they had the typical superawkward, now-that-you-have-a-serious-boyfriend conversation. And it was hilarious.
  • Sorry I shouldn't have posted before class.

I haven't read the books. I am tempted to watch the movies just so I can participate in most conversations.  Pretty much everyone I work with/talk to online/friends read or watch the movies.  I don't have too much of a desire to read the books, and I am afraid of the teasing I'll get from Nick if I put the movies on our netflix queue.

Photobucket
  • YAY! I'm so happy to hear the movie was done well!! I seriously cant wait. I read red the books this week and that made me ever more excited. were going to see the movie tomorrow and i already got my tickets haha (imm a dork)

I wonder what they are going to do with breaking dawn. they just announced the new director. i hope that movie (or movies) turn out well
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eclipse-spoilers-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ce7610f-3adc-4f2b-b8c6-2a4be51f803dPost:444b7103-2e77-4cdd-95a6-f2be2e3cb8d8">Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside*</a>:
    [QUOTE]SD I don't want to give things away if you've not read the books, but page 186 in Eclipse is like... it... for Twifans, and they didn't let us down in the movie. The tent scene is the next big *omgomgomg* part of the book and I wasn't sure how it was going to play out, because RPattz hasn't done the angsty thing particularly well up until this point, but his acting is far and away better in Eclipse than it was in the previous two. And the other thing; Charlie is Bella's dad. So you know, they had the typical superawkward, now-that-you-have-a-serious-boyfriend conversation. And it was hilarious.
    Posted by alixzafiris[/QUOTE]

haha, I would enjoy the awkward scene.  "Don't have sex with vampires, they are Satan's friends!'
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_eclipse-spoilers-inside?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ce7610f-3adc-4f2b-b8c6-2a4be51f803dPost:d95ba0b1-8342-42b9-824a-60e541a5c29b">Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside*</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eclipse *spoilers inside* : haha, I would enjoy the awkward scene.  "Don't have sex with vampires, they are Satan's friends!'
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Uh...you'd have to read the book, but people don't know Edward's a vampire. So her dad had no idea.

Anyway, you should totally read them. I saw the movie then decided I was going to red the books. Mark didn't mind the movie that much either...so hopefully your H wouldn't bug you too bad. But read the books, for sure.
  • Alix, agreed on those scenes being some of the highlights! And the acting was SO much better. IMO, it's gotten markedly better with each movie.

Pretty sure Charlie is my favorite. I always say that he's the only mustache-d man I've ever seen who doesn't look creepy.

Now all those whose FIs/dads/brothers/next door neighbors have mustaches will flame me.
  • I don't like mustaches either, Poli! They creep me out.
  • I have yet to see a man with a 'stache that doesn't look like a chester or a psychology professor.  Or Burt Reynolds.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Amen. I love Charlie and I think his idea for the copstache was just perfect, it so fits his character.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards