Options

Favors

Am I the only one NOT doing favors?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
New Bio

Re: Favors

• Options
    I highly doubt it.  I did them but they are most definitely not necessary and half your guests probably won't even notice.
  • Options
    No way.  We just had little candies at each setting at the tables.  Half the people left them anyway. Totally not necessary.
  • Options
    Thread Jack - Abbalish - you be careful out there today!!!1
  • Options
    We didn't do favors either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They're very much expected in my circle, so we'll have them, but from what I gather from other people on here is that they're becoming outdated in many areas..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Favors are a waste of money.

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    We didn't have favors.  I had to been to three other weddings within the year before ours - one didn't have favors and I didn't even notice, two had favors that we completely forgot and left behind (one was edible, one was a votive candle).  After all that, I figured it was a waste of time, money, and effort.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're not doing them. In my experience, favors are either good and too expensive for us, or kind of crappy and affordable.  The exception to this has been edible favors, but we're just skipping them altogether.  I hope our guests will get enough to eat at the reception!
  • Options
    We're doing them, because they're cheap, and it's a wedding project my mom can help me with, and she's all excited.  Chocolate covered pretzels.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    We're leaning toward no favors. We'll see we feel closer to the wedding date and how the budget looks - but if we do decide on favors, it will definitely be something edible.
  • Options
    We might do a photo booth in lieu of favors, although my FMIL was getting all excited the other day about making these die-cut favor boxes and using them as table cards, so who knows.

I can't remember favors at any of the weddings I've been to, and I've been to several weddings. It's definitely not going to be the biggest part of your guests' day.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_favors-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8e29c0a0-f4e5-484d-a24b-97c605c387d7Post:5459c13a-ad5e-412b-b65c-133276aad8df">Re: Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favors : ...I probably would have given each guest 5 candy-covered almonds wrapped in tulle and tied with a ribbon (it's an italian tradition to give away almonds, each one represents something like prosperity, fertility, etc.).
    Posted by ac_in_dc[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm doing and I'm only doing it because it's tradition.
  • Options
    They're not necessary. The last wedding we went to, no favors. Instead they had a kick-@$$ vodka & caviar station, though, and I would rather have an upgraded food or cocktail station than some crappy favor.

We're probably skipping them at our wedding, too. We'll have a martini bar instead. :-)
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Options
    I wouldn't feel bad to skip them. Half the time people forget them and leave them there anyway. Spend your money on the necessary things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

230image 205image 22image 3image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards