Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Put in an uncomfortable position

So yesterday I posted about my great aunt's daughter going in on a shower gift with my great aunt for me, even though she wasn't invited to the shower. At first I figured she wasn't invited because my mom isn't close with her anyways. Then I found out from my aunt that it's because my mom wants to act like she's 5 and hold a grudge. Apparently they were invited to my brother's graduation and didn't come or send a card and my mom is mad so didn't invite them to the wedding.

Here's where the plot thickens... My great aunt asked my mom and my aunts throwing my shower about her daughter's invitation, and they told her it must have gotten lost in the mail and of course she was invited!!!!! So now my mom is demanding I send a wedding invitation to them so that SHE doesn't look bad. Everybody has gotten their wedding invitations already, which means this daughter knows they went out beginning of last week. So if she gets one now, I feel it will look like I am only sending one because of the shower gift. I really don't know what to do here, I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but I feel like my mom put me in quite a predicament here.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards