Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

A Whole Bunch of Questions

I have a slew of questions, so decided to consolidate for the sake of the board.

1.  The BM gifts are things that they can use on our destination wedding weekend, so I thought it might be cute to send them a little 'can't wait to see you package' with their gifts in it. Cute idea or tacky not to give it to them in person/at the RD?  (None of them live local, so dropping off in person before the wedding isn't an option.)

2. I'm just beginning to think about the order of things, and having trouble figuring out how to move between events after the ceremony.  We do not want to do our first dance immediately after our entrance, but what do we do once we walk into the reception, then?  I know this sounds stupid, but I'm really actually boggled by this one! 

3. Due to a noise ordinance, the music has to stop at 10pm.  The DJ is well aware of this, but as none of our guests are local, should we put the time window on the invites (as opposed to just the start time), or leave it to the DJ to handle?

4.  When is appropriate to tip the vendors?

Thanks in advance!
Anniversary

Re: A Whole Bunch of Questions

• Options
    1.  The BM gifts are things that they can use on our destination wedding weekend, so I thought it might be cute to send them a little 'can't wait to see you package' with their gifts in it. Cute idea or tacky not to give it to them in person/at the RD?  (None of them live local, so dropping off in person before the wedding isn't an option.)
    It's pretty normal to give the gifts at the RD.  I would do it personally and in private.  IE. not make too big of a deal about it in front of all the other guests.

2. I'm just beginning to think about the order of things, and having trouble figuring out how to move between events after the ceremony.  We do not want to do our first dance immediately after our entrance, but what do we do once we walk into the reception, then?  I know this sounds stupid, but I'm really actually boggled by this one! 
    We'll just be introduced and then go in to eat.  In my crowd, the dancing is usually done after dinner.

3. Due to a noise ordinance, the music has to stop at 10pm.  The DJ is well aware of this, but as none of our guests are local, should we put the time window on the invites (as opposed to just the start time), or leave it to the DJ to handle?
    Yes, put the time frame on the invitations.  Generally the DJ will announce a last dance, that lets people know when it's ending.

4.  When is appropriate to tip the vendors?
    After their service is performed before they leave the venue.  You can give FOB or someone envelopes with the tips in them to take of this discretely.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards