Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Private messages

Sorry, I checked the FAQs for this...Do people know when they get private messages? Or do they just have to check it to see? I think it's stupid if you have to page someone every time you send them a private message just to make them aware they have one.

Re: Private messages

• Options
    I have no idea, but I did read this first as private massages, wondering what you were going to be asking...
  • Options
    Baha! No happy endings here, kate!
  • Options
    I think I read somewhere that it is supposed to e-mail you, but right now that isn't working.
  • Options
    I think it depends on your preferences.  I have my preferences set to not receive any emails from the knot, so I don't receive notification.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    The notification isn't working yet, but it should eventually.

I would prefer that people NOT page someone every time they send them a message.  I would prefer it if people just check their PMs daily or whenever they come to the Knot, like they would an e-mail account.  Of course, no one has to do what I prefer, I'm just sayin'. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_private-messages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8f32a30d-e3d3-49ba-8795-e81ed010f7f9Post:02655f19-9fc3-491f-8680-5132098c7bdf">Re: Private messages</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would prefer that people NOT page someone every time they send them a message.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. But who am I to make rules? If I could that would be greeeeat though.
  • Options
    That's funny dani, because I was just going to page the person I sent a private message to. I might still anyway, sorry. I'm not on during the weekend and I know the person is online right now.
  • Options
    Dani - I feel weird about paging people also, but I think because PMs are so new, people aren't going to think to check them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_private-messages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:8f32a30d-e3d3-49ba-8795-e81ed010f7f9Post:6888cf81-fc26-48e7-aa87-ec941f6ec5c6">Re: Private messages</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dani - I feel weird about paging people also, but I think because PMs are so new, people aren't going to think to check them.
    Posted by arbolita[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    I agree right now it is new. I just see it A LOT on the nest. XYZ - YGPM. NFT.

But also right now it is so slow, extra posts telling people they have a PM really don't matter.
  • Options
    That's what I've been doing Dani, but I don't have any messages. Boo.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    For those of us who are technology stupid, how do you check your private messages?
  • Options
    I think you just have to click the "Private messages" link to the left under the community boards.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_private-messages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8f32a30d-e3d3-49ba-8795-e81ed010f7f9Post:265bab2e-d7a6-45d9-afef-e48adf6cf6cd">Re: Private messages</a>:
    [QUOTE]For those of us who are technology stupid, how do you check your private messages?
    Posted by sarabellam[/QUOTE]

On the left side navigation, under Community Links.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards