North Carolina

Hand Addressing Invitations

Hey ya'll!
If you want to go the old fashioned route, I've found someone who is able to hand-write in lovely script with the dip fountain pen.  My invitations go out in a few weeks.  She is fast and these are LOVELY.  You can contact her at remnantsbyeva.etsy.com
She does custom work.  You won't be disappointed. This isn't your typical calligraphy.  It is more elegant.
:)

Re: Hand Addressing Invitations

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You've found "someone", huh?  Betcha didn't have to look very far.

• edited December 2011
    We don't take recs from ladies we don't know.
    Odd your knot name is the same as this person you are recommending...
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • evansvirevansvir member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!  It's me!!!  I'd love to do this for anyone who might need it~
    :)
  • edited December 2011
    Okay seriously... you just did yourself a disservice.

Let me know if I can help you with your veil.  My daughter is getting married in a tea length dress...afternoon wedding and I'm making her a chic birdcage.  :)

remnantsbyeva.etsy.com

Eva

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    actually it is my mom. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for admitting it was you. Nothing against your business or services but you clearly know you are not allowed to post on here as a vendor by the whole "my invitations are about to go out" bit. 

So just don't and good luck in your business ventures. Hopefully someone will find you, use you, and rec you themselves. That is the only way to get any sort of good rec around here.

Thanks. Bye.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_hand-addressing-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:078d27e5-15eb-4d88-9382-fdc48ed87729Post:011204bc-4902-47e9-93af-47b01c293d71">Hand Addressing Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ya'll! If you want to go the old fashioned route, I've found someone who is able to hand-write in lovely script with the dip fountain pen.  My invitations go out in a few weeks.  She is fast and these are LOVELY.  You can contact her at remnantsbyeva.etsy.com She does custom work.  You won't be disappointed. This isn't your typical calligraphy.  It is more elegant. :)
    Posted by evansvir[/QUOTE]

<p style="margin:0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:8.5pt;color:#1f1f1f;line-height:115%;font-family:'Arial','sans-serif';">Vendor posting is against the rules, I mean come on - all your doing is looking for more biz for your mother and the fact that you posted initially and played her up makes your look even less credible than if you just said I liked my calligrapher - here's her information. 

If everyone was allowed to do vendor posting or promote their own businesses this place would be over run w/vendors and people wouldn't be able to post and get truthful recs from other brides.  This isn't an online wedding show for free advertisment.</span></p>
    image Ellie and Morgan
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I waited until I was cooled off to write this. 

I am a bride.  My mom has an etsy site.  She is able to do lots of things.  Ya'll are just mean spirited about things that you don't need to comment on.

Mom sometimes sees brides having questions and wants to help them.  She is super busy, but is a legitimate seller, and high quality.  I recommend my mom. No apologies. Other brides have recommended her too.

You who posted comments, shame on you for being so nasty.
  • edited December 2011
    I apologize for having frustrated you so. Truly. I am not a Bride on here who is a fan of flaming persons for no reason. I am however a Bride who has been around long enough to be frustrated with vendors posting on our board. So here is the deal. Assuming you are a Bride-to-be who is about to send out her invitations in a week. Great! Just be real with us, share your thoughts on your Mom, and share other thoughts with us also not about her. I looked at your history of posts and I'm sorry but it seems that your Mom posts through your name or else you post as her. Either way, that is a quick way to get spoken to as you were above, or far more harshly. And it wasn't nasty, what is nasty is the amount of vendors who attempt to break the rules and be deceitful. We all just laugh at it because why would any of us, you included I'm sure, want to book a deceitful person for any services we pour our hearts and money into. So welcome if you are a new bride. And either stop posting for your Mom, speaking as though you are her, or do not allow her to post in your name or you will likely hear much worse from other girls who care much less about your feelings and how your day was than I.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are not allowed. Once you associate your Knot name with a vendor you can be reported and banned from theknot.  

Please do not think that you are doing us any favors by posting annoying fake posts to drum up business for your mom's etsy store. SOOOO ANNOYING. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards