Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

my multi country wedding.... HELP!

Hello ladies !

I need your advice:   I am a Canadian and I am getting married to a Mexican.  Both of us only have our home country citizenship, but we want to have our honeymoon in Europe.  Unfortunately since my fiance is Mexican it is more difficult for hime to get into these countries, so we could have the problem of me being approved to go and him being rejected.  :-(   Does anyone know how we could prevent this?

Re: my multi country wedding.... HELP!

• Options
    I have no advice to offer, but I feel the need to share that I read this as:

I am a Canadian and I'm getting married in Mexican.

I had to read it twice.
  • Options
    I would start the passport process early, and talk to local government and see what options you have.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Just go to each countries tourism website and see what the requirements are for you AND you FI.  It may just be a matter of applying for a Tourist Visa.

We always have to check becuase H is Australian and I am US.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You will have a visa wavier for most Western European countries.  He might need visitor's visas.  You will just need to google the country's state website and see what the requirements are for Mexicans traveling into said country.  
    It will cost you a little bit more and take a bit more time, but you should still be able to go on your HM.  
  • Options
    Plan a different honeymoon?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    My DH is Mexican and I'm American and he's never been rejected for travel to any country, least of all the EU.  He should get the visa waiver on the plane just like you.  

We took our HM in Asia and had to apply for a visa to China.  China would only give him a set number of entries visa whereas they gave me an open entries visa for a year.  That was the only difference, but it didn't matter at all.

What is your FI's current legal status?  Do you live in Canada?  I know that Canada has recently changed its rules regarding Mexicans - they now require a visa although before they did the waiver.  Bummer for us because we like to ski there and next time we'll need to send off for a visa for him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_multi-country-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:906d94a7-38e5-4ca0-9256-aed4afe692d2Post:41f3377f-d097-49ea-9511-d14d5ab52bde">Re: my multi country wedding.... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is this listed under FutureMrs.Dudley? 
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

im not sure... 
  • Options
    my FI is Mexican and we both live in Mexico....

I guess we will just start looking for Visas extra early.  Thanks for the help ladies :-)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_multi-country-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:906d94a7-38e5-4ca0-9256-aed4afe692d2Post:f0e443ef-3ed1-421f-9c87-c11056895803">Re: my multi country wedding.... HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]my FI is Mexican and we both live in Mexico.... I guess we will just start looking for Visas extra early.  Thanks for the help ladies :-)
    Posted by chaparrita81[/QUOTE]

<div>Really???  Where do you live?  I'm in Monterrey :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards