Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Asking a bridesmaid to cover-up her tattoo - ok????

my soon to be sister-in-law has the worst tattoo 1/2 sleeve from her coller bone to her elbow.  i really dont want that thing in every one of my pictures, is it ok to ask her to cover it up, if so  how's the best way to go about that
Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary

Re: Asking a bridesmaid to cover-up her tattoo - ok????

• Options
    thadiva3thadiva3 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    All you you are seriously funny... This has been very fun to read. 

I have been chastised in another post were I was told I didn't love my friends because I asked them to cover up tattoos.  My thing was I only want them covered for the ceremony and the BM's don't even like the tattoos they have... one got one on her neck for an ex and the other some weird picture on the top of her arm/shoulder.  I asked.  If they had refused then whatever, but I don't think it's wrong in asking and explaining why and giving them the right to refuse.  I explained exactly what I wanted from the beginning for everything.

I have FIVE tattoos but I want the ceremony to be conservative.  They can wipe it off as soon as the ceremony is over.  I know you are supposed to love people for who they are but c'mon a weird dog like picture that you got when you were 18... that's not who my now 31 year-old BM is.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_asking-bridesmaid-cover-up-her-tattoo-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9169d14b-3889-4b25-bffe-ab8451655c42Post:4ff82419-71d6-4a58-9e4c-3f0331028e09">Asking a bridesmaid to cover-up her tattoo - ok????</a>:
    [QUOTE]my soon to be sister-in-law has the worst tattoo 1/2 sleeve from her coller bone to her elbow.  i really dont want that thing in every one of my pictures, is it ok to ask her to cover it up, if so  how's the best way to go about that
    Posted by irisheyezrsmilen[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you. Here it is 47 days to the wedding and my neice who is a bridesmaid just got a tattoo that now covers her entire arm. It wasn't there when I asked her and I do not like tattoos at all. I want to have beautiful coheasive pictures not "look at the girl with the large tattoos". David Tutera always suggest they be covered. I hope I don't run into a fight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards