Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Critique My Menu

We just did a tasting at a local restaurant and they're giving us a fantastic deal.  We just have to decide what we want.  So, tell me what you think of this menu.  This will be set up as a buffet.

Spring salad with baby greens, cranberries, almonds, red onions and cheese with either a vinaigrette or ranch dressing.

Chicken parmesan pasta dish

Roast beef carving station with garlic mashed potatoes and southern style green beans (low boiled with bacon and grease)

If we have any vegetarians coming (none of them have RSVPed yet) he would make them each their own plate of something else.

Re: Critique My Menu

• Options
    Sounds delish!  I love southern style green beans.  And it will look great set up on a buffet. 
  • Options
    I think it needs some kind of bread/rolls, but otherwise looks good!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_critique-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93048a90-af72-413e-8c6f-5776d8709cf8Post:319e3e55-3f2e-46d5-88b5-a158e3ad0652">Re: Critique My Menu</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think it needs some kind of bread/rolls, but otherwise looks good!
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  I'll definitely bring that up with them.
  • Options
    That sounds great to me! I'm a picky eater and I'd enjoy every single one of those options.
  • Options
    All of it sounds great!  Love the salad...
  • Options
    Awesome!  I'm so glad everyone loves the menu.  I was worried there wouldn't be enough options.
  • Options
    The salad  and mash sound great!
    I'm a veggie so I don't have an opinion on the rest really, although I agree you need rolls.  
  • Options
    Sound good to me.  (Were you planning for BBQ?  Or am I confused?)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_critique-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93048a90-af72-413e-8c6f-5776d8709cf8Post:9840b159-2122-4208-9f78-da3e9f55a251">Re: Critique My Menu</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sound good to me.  (Were you planning for BBQ?  Or am I confused?)
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Yea, we were originally going to do BBQ, but this restaurant would be cheaper.  Our coordinator works there, so she was able to get us a really good deal.
  • Options
    Sounds yummy! Definitely needs some delicious bread item.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    Ahhh.. .  I see.  FI would be pumped - chicken parm is his fav.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_critique-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93048a90-af72-413e-8c6f-5776d8709cf8Post:5dfc3ab4-712e-43a0-99dc-ea106b4b2ba3">Re: Critique My Menu</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahhh.. .  I see.  FI would be pumped - chicken parm is his fav.
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Mine too.  As soon as he heard chicken parm he was sold.  lol
  • Options
    Yay for thinking of the vegetarians :) I love that you guys are beign so thoughtful and not just making them eat salad and bread. I approve of you.
  • Options
    Navy, what restaurant are you guys looking at now?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_critique-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93048a90-af72-413e-8c6f-5776d8709cf8Post:009ee2c0-7fdb-43e3-b400-0e7aac03a139">Re: Critique My Menu</a>:
    [QUOTE]Navy, what restaurant are you guys looking at now?
    Posted by greenlikekermit[/QUOTE]

Cabell's American Bar and Grill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards