Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Baby talk

So that we don't corrupt fishy's thread any more.

I just switched our high chair and swing...we didn't have a swing that plugged in and then found one that matched the high chair.

Gretch - I agree that here is better than bugging Nelson!
BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Baby talk

• Options
    I am loving the choice of stroller, carseat, and the polka dots! Oh, and that chair/ottoman set.

Since you registered for some of the same items at both places, will you return 1 if you get double? Will you delete it off one registry if you see that it has been purchased on the other?

I got a little disheartened tonight. As of a few months ago, Nelson thought he'd be graduating in 2012, but turns out it won't be until Spring 2013 because of the program he wants to get into. Poo. Seeing as our TTC timing is dependent upon his schooling, that pushes it back a year. Poo again.
  • Options
    I like the boppy cover and sheets! I see you decided to do a breathable bumper?
    gg- We're waiting until we get married and who knows when thats going to be. I asked T if we could have a baby in the next 5 years and he said yes. Sometimes I try to switch it to 3 years and sometimes, he says yes to that. Boo to waiting.
  • Options
    Thanks, we're pretty excited about our choices!  The travel system is actually tan and black and B *loves* it.  It was clearly his fave in the store and it is pretty modern.  The car seats holds infants up to 35 pounds (22 used to be the norm) and the stroller holds up to 50, so hopefully we'll get a lot of use out of it!

The bigger car seat is also rated for a higher weight, so we hope to get our money's worth.

Yes, we put some basic stuff on both...the chair is on both because we still haven't decided.  The one at Target is the right color wood, but the BRU one has free shipping to the store, even though it's cherry wood.  I know that I'll registry stalk, so I'll just manage it as best I can.

Boo to it taking longer, but at least he's getting it done now!  What program is it?  can he take summer classes or winter term ones to get ahead?

• Options
    I like the dot boppy cover more than the cupcake one and debated just getting 2 of the one that I like, but whatev.  I really don't need to be that picky.

Yes on the breathable bumper and I was soooo excited that they came in colors!  For some reason I think they all came in white and was thrilled when I saw it in pink/green/blue!  We might not even use it unless she winds up being a thrasher, so who knows.

• Options
    I'm still reeling about Ederail. Sounds like the parents were going for a Lord of the Rings inspired name and took a wrong turn into public transportation. Sort of Anduril/Edoras/monorail.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    roxy - 3/5 years will go by pretty fast!  And I presume that you'll get married in between there, so that will take up some time and keep you occupied.  :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:256a2bbb-7187-4f89-b6be-9fa701a7a971">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still reeling about Ederail. Sounds like the parents were going for a Lord of the Rings inspired name and took a wrong turn into public transportation. Sort of Anduril/Edoras/monorail.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I read this to B and he laughed.  :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:52ab6fa0-da7c-4cd0-b0da-20c4fe815b88">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE] Boo to it taking longer, but at least he's getting it done now!  What program is it?  can he take summer classes or winter term ones to get ahead?
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

He has mapped it out and will be taking classes during the summers and winters, but some classes are only offered at certain points during the year. And he can only apply in the fall for the program (nursing) - if he gets denied, he has to wait another year to reapply. Gah! He came in as a transfer student with 22 credits, but most were just gen eds/electives and not pre-reqs for the program.
  • Options
    I thought they only came in white as well!

I've liked these in the past but now looking at it again I feel like it looks like you're carrying your child around in a tote.
    http://www.serenaandlily.com/Gift/Gift-Sausalito-Basket

I love serena and lily though, they're just so expensive.

• Options
    roxy - when we were registeing, B went off and found a belly cast kit and just held it to me with no words.  We then joked about getting 2 to cast my ass, too.

• Options
    Blasted baby talk
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:256a2bbb-7187-4f89-b6be-9fa701a7a971">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm still reeling about Ederail. Sounds like the parents were going for a Lord of the Rings inspired name and took a wrong turn into public transportation. Sort of Anduril/Edoras/monorail.

I just LOLed. That's very true!
  • Options
    Yea, when I think about how fast just the past 5 years have gone by I know it will fly. When I get o BSC I just throw myself into decorating the house. I've learned that I need to constantly be planning/ dreaming about something.

gg-Thats a bummer :(He won't get denied though..
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:e6a6e962-8f9d-4a0c-8366-e142aa7a6ce3">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]roxy - when we were registeing, B went off and found a belly cast kit and just held it to me with no words.  We then joked about getting 2 to cast my ass, too.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha! I just don't understand why anyone would want a cast of their big ole pregnant belly.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:15d49854-2486-4efa-9370-97adcb411949">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought they only came in white as well! I've liked these in the past but now looking at it again I feel like it looks like you're carrying your child around in a tote. <a href="http://www.serenaandlily.com/Gift/Gift-Sausalito-Basket" rel="nofollow">http://www.serenaandlily.com/Gift/Gift-Sausalito-Basket</a> I love serena and lily though, they're just so expensive.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

That's an adorable Moses Basket, but holy crap is it expensive!

Ooo, I didn't share this on here:  my bff (who officiated our wedding) has a TON of baby stuff that she's going to lend us - including the co sleeper that I wanted, but just couldn't bear to spend $ on because it's not necessary.  But now it's free!!  Ahhhhh!! :)  And she's going to probably lend us her pack n play and bumbo and clothes and toys...I just need to get all the shiit to AR.

• Options
    Just a side note, but FI is a registered nurse, and boy am I glad that at least one of us has decided on a practical profession that will always make him employable. He finds the work challenging and is paid well for it. It may be annoying to have to wait for your FI to finish his degree, but at least he is going into a super stable profession.
    imageimage
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    edited January 2010
    My cousin has something like this and swears by it. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10745761&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10745761

Her baby is almost 2 and she still uses it when they are walking around the zoo, park, mall, etc. He does better in that than the stroller.

EDIT - This is a little weird. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38567883&ref=sr_gallery_11&&ga_search_query=baby+sling&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:102eb84b-1331-4f7f-9dca-983c0d78a28a">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Baby talk : He has mapped it out and will be taking classes during the summers and winters, but some classes are only offered at certain points during the year. And he can only apply in the fall for the program (nursing) - if he gets denied, he has to wait another year to reapply. Gah! He came in as a transfer student with 22 credits, but most were just gen eds/electives and not pre-reqs for the program.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

He'll be fine!  And 2013 really isn't that far away and you guys are still pretty young.

• Options
    Aww, I love baby talk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:b47fc5dc-232c-40a7-89e9-326f05ade7d3">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cousin has something like this and swears by it. <a href="http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10745761&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10745761" rel="nofollow">http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10745761&sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10745761</a> Her baby is almost 2 and she still uses it when they are walking around the zoo, park, mall, etc. He does better in that than the stroller.
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

My bff also has a few slings/carriers that we can borrow.  We were going to register for one, but figured that we'd wait to try her out in some to see how they feel.

• Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited January 2010
    Although, they did do this belly cast kinda cute.  But where on earth would you put it?

• Options
    One of my friends just did a belly cast and painted a picture of an angel baby on it, then posted the pics on Facebook. It was rather odd, but it came out beautifully. That's what happens when you mix art historians with odd baby trends.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:ee404ea2-c04d-4c3b-9ad9-b5b869e1f86d">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just a side note, but FI is a registered nurse, and boy am I glad that at least one of us has decided on a practical profession that will always make him employable. He finds the work challenging and is paid well for it. It may be annoying to have to wait for your FI to finish his degree, but at least he is going into a super stable profession.

I am thrilled that DH has chosen to be a nurse. He's male, former Army, and EMT certified. I'd say he's pretty desirable in terms of getting in the program/doing well/getting a great job. It's just frustrating at times that he isn't further ahead, but he did the Army for 5 years so duh, of course he wouldn't be! It gives me time to get a Master's too.
  • Options
    Yea, Serena and Lily is so expensive but I just love them.

Thats awesome she is able to lend you stuff! That definitely helps..is the co sleeper the bassinet type thing with an open side that has an attached blanket that lays over the bed?
  • Options
    Sucrets - In 2013, DH will be 28 and I'll be 27. That's OLD. ;-)
  • Options
    It kinda looks like a mini pack n play, but it's bed height and has something that tucks between the mattress and box spring to hold it in place.  It's the mini co sleeper if you google it.  I'm sooo psyched - she got it for $65 from a friend and we'll borrow it for free!

gg - I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

anna - that's kinda pretty, but what do you DO with it?

• Options
    Yea, T's sister got a sling when she had Harper but she ended up not liking it and never used it. I would definitely try one out for a while before purchasing it.

Anna- that one is kind of cute but exactly, where the heck do you put it? I guess in the nursery but...no.

Now, I have a question, do you guys refer to the place the baby sleeps as the "baby room" or "nursery"?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_baby-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:93d4cd96-d309-436b-84ca-bb875e828039Post:831f2964-fad0-45f7-9f01-9aa3d34fb0ba">Re: Baby talk</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets - In 2013, DH will be 28 and I'll be 27. That's OLD. ;-)
    Posted by ggmae[/QUOTE]

Um, you're talking to a 31 year old.  Stfu!

• Options
    Sucrets- yup, thats what I thought it was. So awesome she has one.
  • Options
    I'm calling it the baby's room.  It's still full of our crap, though.  We're working on it.  But who knows how long we'll be here to make it really homey.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards