Wedding Etiquette Forum

Invitations and Non-Tacky savings

If you have multiple adults from the same HOUSEHOLD (not just family, but all living at the same address), can you address 1 invitation to "The ___________ Family"?  Trying to shave off costs wherever I can while still having a decent-looking ceremony/reception.  FI and I are even considering "eloping" or doing a VERY private ceremony and having the reception/party 6 mos-1 year after the actual ceremony (however it takes place).  I'm already trimming away things I really wanted, but realize I'll never have (short of a miracle). Any ideas for DIY/thrifty ways of doing things?  I'm scared to death of doing our own invitations, as I'm afraid I'll mess them up and they'll look cheap and stupid.  I *am* doing our flowers myself.  Favors are Sharpies that guests can use to write messages on white paper that will cover the tables.  Food.....who the hell knows right now.  WAS going to do simple sandwiches, but can't even afford that anymore.  I need some positive encouragement and ideas, please.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards