Wedding Etiquette Forum

Bridezilla Sighting!

... and it was not me :)

I went to my usual nail salon today for a mani pedi.  Now, I don't splurge on much, but I do lavish in my mani/pedis.  After a long week, they are my treat.  So I cozy up into my chair, turn on the massage thingy (mmmmmmm), open up Glamour magazine, and get ready to tune out the world, when right next to me I hear, "What do you MEAN I have to wait???"

Ugh.

There stands an overly tanned woman with a puss on her face next to who I later learned were her sister and mother.  The nail tech replies, "Well, I'll have three girls free for you in about 5 minutes.  I promise it won't be long." The loud girl sighs obnoxiously and adds, "FINE." Thinking the drama was over, I try to go back to the article I was reading.  A few minutes later I hear, "No, we need three chairs TOGETHER.  This is my mother and my sister.  We HAVE to get done together."  Looking to my left, I see that there are two chairs empty next to me, and the third was two seats over to my right.  Myself and another woman were clearly interfering with family bonding or something.  I was just about to open my mouth and offer to move down to the other empty seat, as I was only soaking at this point and hadn't begun the pedi, when the woman says, "You don't understand.  I'm getting married TOMORROW.  I'm THE BRIDE." She said this with such entitlement that I almost snorted out loud.  

The story continues... the mother takes the single seat and lets the sisters sit together.  The whole time I am subject to listening to, "No, don't file that way.  More lotion.  Less oil... blah blah blah."  At one point she takes out her phone to call what I only assume to be some poor bridesmaid and spends 10 minutes first complaining about the "terrible" pedicure and then about the "hideous centerpieces" that she "demanded be changed, no matter how late 'you people' need to stay here tonight."  When it came time to get her nail polish, as condescending as she could manage, she tells the nail tech, "marshmellow white FIRST.  THEN paint the french tips.  Snow white goes OVER IT, then the top coat.  Do you understand me?  MARSHMELLOW THEN SNOW WHITE!"

On the way out, the sister paid for herself and the bride, and upon finding out that the french tips costed $3 more than a regular pedicure, she slammed- yes slammed- her credit card on the counter and said, "We are NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN!"

You can't make this stuff up, folks! Let's all grab ahold of the real purpose of our wedding day and not lose sight of it and make it about our french tips and the poor nail techs, okay?

I'm also very glad to not be ANYTHING like this bridezilla!

Re: Bridezilla Sighting!

• I can't believe I just read all of that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know what to say, so i'm going to glug this wine a little more.
    Photobucket
  • I should have disclaimered that it was long :)
  • I hope it rains tomorrow and a car drives by and sprays her while she is all dressed up.  ...like a scene out of the movies.

Maybe that makes me a bitch, but she deserves it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Note to self...do not apply to work at a mani/pedi place...the people are wacko...
  • I would have refused service. Those people were nice.
  • haha thats hilarous.  I'll never understand how people can justify being so rude to others just because they're getting married.  Never...
  • I have a feeling these people don't need an excuse to be rude.
    I still remember one lady at the pet store who demanded to get a free bag of dog food ($50) just...because. The other manager told her no, and she gets all puffy and goes "Excuse me? Do you know who I am young man?" He goes "A self entitled stuck up snob?"
    Yeah..she didn't come back after that...we weren't too bent up about that.
  • Ah, Long Island.  What town?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • sucrets- why, MERRICK, of course!
  • Oh man...yeah. 
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridezilla-sighting?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:95084416-3e1d-4edc-9ad9-ad91f3f1202dPost:5cfd07f5-5d5d-4b3e-a62d-7ea3b79547ce">Re: Bridezilla Sighting!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling these people don't need an excuse to be rude. I still remember one lady at the pet store who demanded to get a free bag of dog food ($50) just...because. The other manager told her no, and she gets all puffy and goes "Excuse me? Do you know who I am young man?" He goes "A self entitled stuck up snob?" Yeah..she didn't come back after that...we weren't too bent up about that.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

I need to remember this answer.
  • cwcottagecwcottage member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010

OMG At least you got some free entertainment lol Did you happen to see any cameras from We TV?
  • umm.....wow.....I enjoyed thattttttt :)`

marshmellow THEN snow white.....ba hahahaaa :)
  • DFaughtDFaught member
    First Comment
      I don't know why but I'm always surprised there are people who are actually like that. Then I remember they made a TV show out of women like her... lol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards