Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Oh. My. Gawd.

Could it be anymore dead around here? I'm dying of boredom, I only have 2 more days of work before maternity leave, finished up all my projects, and can't exactly start any new ones.

Can we play a game or something? How about "Find the most jacked up post you can". Knot, Bump, & Nest are all free game.

Re: Oh. My. Gawd.

• Options
    Hi sweetheart.
  • Options
    Hi! I wanted to tell you that I love the name Xavier! It's one of my favs :).
  • Options
    Bbyckes - that OP sig is hurting my brain. Seriously, I think it's the reason I couldn't move over to the nest. Ever.
  • Options
    HHIIII LPSTL!!!
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Hi bby! Thanks Money :)

Jess, if my marriage ever gets to the point where this is ok, I will throw myself off a building. Dramatic much? Yes. But at least I'm not ripping one in the middle of thrusts.

"Just say "I think I have to fart" pause action and then continue after you have cut the cheese. Simple, that's what I do!"
  • Options
    moneypenny---I haven't seen you here in forever. Where have you been?
  • Options
    I just read that post and she's putting waaaaay to much thought into a fart.  I just let them go and then deny it.  I look at him like he's crazy when he asks if I just let one go.  Yeah, it works for me.  Overshare, sorry.
  • Options
    Hmm...this strikes me as odd. Maybe I'm missing something. *not gross at all*

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32252596.aspx
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    Nah CS, I wish. I'm good with March 1st though. Although, it was brought to my attention today that if I do actually have him on my due date he will share a birthday with tone loc. Hard to beat that.

:waves emphatically at fische:

Ok, that last post, anyone find it ironic that they OPs name is hookapants? Just doesn't sound like the type of person who wants to save themselves for marriage.. or er honeymoon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-gawd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9541c695-80d5-42b6-95f2-dd047b3f586ePost:c5e058dd-77ab-456b-8b6b-62d43fd37d87">Re: Oh. My. Gawd.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hmm...this strikes me as odd. Maybe I'm missing something. *not gross at all* <a href="http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32252596.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/32252596.aspx</a>
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I like her EBF badge.

People have strong feelings about tv and babies. I think it's a to-each-their-own type of thing.
  • Options
    I had no idea that it was a general issue. Just sitting here, never thinking about it previously, I don't see a problem as long as it's not very loud.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-gawd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9541c695-80d5-42b6-95f2-dd047b3f586ePost:a2968572-4f5f-4004-a560-b25c08f0b100">Re: Oh. My. Gawd.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had no idea that it was a general issue. Just sitting here, never thinking about it previously, I don't see a problem as long as it's not very loud.
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I think that they think that early exposure to the tv will make the kid glued to the tv for life.

If you sit your kid in front of the tv day after day after day, then sure, the kid will want to watch tv all the time. but if you let them be around it here and there, they'll hardly form an addiction to it.

People don't understand moderation when it comes to their kids. I see that a lot.
  • Options
    My thoughts are...I'm not going my child's entire life at home with never having the tv on. I'd rather them get used to the noise and be able to do other things with it on/and sleep with it on. Just like I don't agree with having every thing super quiet when they're napping. I think they need to learn to do everything with normal, every day noises going on.
  • Options
    Jess - the difference is your family uses BE as a conversation piece with your nephew to get him interested.  Some parents expect videos like that to do the work for them in place of the parent sitting down and teaching the child.

Those, "your baby can read" commercials get me so annoyed.  That one lady on there says, "it was so easy, I didn't have to do a thing, just plopped him down in front of the tv".  SORRY - parenting is not like that.  Kids need stimulation. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-gawd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9541c695-80d5-42b6-95f2-dd047b3f586ePost:aaba06ee-228f-429a-bccd-28e895acf81c">Re: Oh. My. Gawd.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just so you know, hooka was posting that for the WW team to digest/comment and laugh at ... it wasn't coming directly from her - she pulls things from various boards and posts them.  If you knew WW you'd know that's par for the course; I seriously LOL'd @ you thinking that was her own personal topic.
    Posted by Andrea_Lea[/QUOTE]

WW came back from Mexico?!
  • Options
    some have returned, some stayed and others moonlight on both *GASP*
  • Options
    I did not know this, thank you vurry much.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_oh-gawd-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9541c695-80d5-42b6-95f2-dd047b3f586ePost:d50c5f2a-1ced-4c16-8f8c-49d81cdf8b4e">Re: Oh. My. Gawd.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and there's a post on 3rd tri titled " Lost plug!!! (PIP) " No way in hell am I opening that one.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

I opened it without thinking, she was kidding about the pic.  I still don't understand why someone would start a thread on that though...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    so, when does one lose it?  i know i know i am asking a gross baby question.  i don't even really know what it is.  and don't really care.  but when it's "lost" does that mean the baby is coming soon? 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards