Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday morning'ish?

Hi!  Looks like we're off to a slow start today.  I just made breakfast.  An omelette with sausage, spinach and tomatoes.  And cheese.  An omelette isn't complete without cheese :).  After I eat I have to go shover out the driveway.  Or snowblow - but shoveling can count as my workout for the day, so I'll probably shovel.

Re: Sunday morning'ish?

• I'm sitting here watching L&O debating whether or not go get in the shower to get ready for church.  I'm still incredibly stuffed up so I don't really know if I want to spend an entire church service sniffling, sneezing, and blowing my nose.

• Wow LTB - that menu sounds delicious.  I understand about not wanting to spend all day in the kitchen.  I have some leftovers to warm up for lunch/dinner.  I'm hoping to just eat one more meal today since "breakfast" is so late.
  • Hi ladies!

LTB - I was wondering about you the other day, I haven't seen you around here in ages!

Loopy, I firmly agree that an omelette requires cheese.  How much snow did you guys get?  We just got *maybe* an inch.

I had my oatmeal and coffee a little while ago and I just finished up my latest movie review for my blog.  I find that I have to be a little more selective about what movies I watch since I've vowed to review every movie I watch this year :) 

Not sure what H and I have in store today.  He mentioned maybe wanting to go see The Artist.  I haven't worked out in around 2 weeks so I should probably hit the treadmill today...but we'll see.  I *really* should though, because I'm going to Mexico next month and I just ordered new bikinis and I don't want to look like a heifer in them, ha.
  • Abba - we got 2-3 inches yesterday but it drifted a lot so some of my driveway was bare and some areas had 8 inch drifts.  Last night we got another 2 inches or so.
  • hello all.  nothing exciting going on here.  H just went to pick up panera for breakfast.  He pissed me off last night, so I suppose this is his attempt at damage control.  We're going to Cooper's Hawk for an early valentine's day dinner since I have to work til 7:30 on Tuesday.  
    Photobucket
  • Morning. I've been at work since 6am. Ugh. But, since no one is here I brought in my DVD player and have movies on while I write. I do this occasionally anyway, but when no one is here I can bring in any movie without worrying about gore/violence/nudity.

I can't wait for TWD to start back up tonight. Once Upon a Time and TWD makes for a good night. Well, as good as it can be I guess.
  • Good morning! 
    I finally got my internet set up to be wireless last night and we're pretty much done and moved in! 

This weekend was exhausting and I'm glad I finally get to relax before we have to get up and start working again!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-morningish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:95e2be2d-45bc-4a40-8296-3d068d1bf8dfPost:7ee4174a-4e4e-4c6c-a6c6-3523137a65d9">Re: Sunday morning'ish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hello all.  nothing exciting going on here.  H just went to pick up panera for breakfast.  He pissed me off last night, so I suppose this is his attempt at damage control.  We're going to Cooper's Hawk for an early valentine's day dinner since I have to work til 7:30 on Tuesday. 
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Uh oh, what did he do?
  • Morning.  I'm letting my breakfast settle before my workout and then we're going on an "adventure" (we'll drive until we get to a town that looks cool and find someplace to eat and explore).  Then we need to grocery shop and I have some work to finish.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Well, I had my work Christmas party last night.  So I had asked H originally if he wanted to go or not.  He said he did.  So we go, we drove separately since he came right from work.  So after being there a half hour, his brother calls, H answers the phone and then all of a sudden, he's going to be leaving in half an hour to cover his brother's shift at the bar.  WTF.  I'm just pissed that he left.  We don't see each other much, I never ask him to commit to things, and this just pissed me off.  
    Photobucket
  • That's nice Sesh that you can play movies in the background while you work. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-morningish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:95e2be2d-45bc-4a40-8296-3d068d1bf8dfPost:b79650de-d71c-4031-b90b-dbfd0ee23ca4">Re: Sunday morning'ish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I'm letting my breakfast settle before my workout and then we're going on an "adventure" (we'll drive until we get to a town that looks cool and find someplace to eat and explore).  Then we need to grocery shop and I have some work to finish.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I haven't been around much, so this may have been discussed but how is the house buying going? </div><div>Have you guys closed yet?</div>
  • JK - that sounds like a fun adventure.  What a fun way to spend a day together :).

KJB - sorry to hear that.  I'd be annoyed too.  Especially since you don't spend too much time together I'd think he'd take the opportunity more seriously.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-morningish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:95e2be2d-45bc-4a40-8296-3d068d1bf8dfPost:b5d17e5c-7a27-490f-99ec-be7899b740f7">Re: Sunday morning'ish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I had my work Christmas party last night.  So I had asked H originally if he wanted to go or not.  He said he did.  So we go, we drove separately since he came right from work.  So after being there a half hour, his brother calls, H answers the phone and then all of a sudden, he's going to be leaving in half an hour to cover his brother's shift at the bar.  WTF.  I'm just pissed that he left.  We don't see each other much, I never ask him to commit to things, and this just pissed me off.  
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

Boo, that sucks.  Hope the Panera breakfast does the trick :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-morningish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:95e2be2d-45bc-4a40-8296-3d068d1bf8dfPost:cc694d26-3718-46d2-96b2-01bb51b678ae">Re: Sunday morning'ish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday morning'ish? : I haven't been around much, so this may have been discussed but how is the house buying going?  Have you guys closed yet?
    Posted by crash2729[/QUOTE]

We close next month because of our lease.

KJB, that would have pissed me off too.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Crfb - that's exciting about your mom.  I know you were missing her :).
  • Loopy, I'm probably not supposed to but they haven't said anything so far (and I know my supes know as they've come to talk to me when one was playing). but obviously it doesn't affect my production time so maybe they just don't care.

KJB, I'd be pissed too. I probably would have told H he couldn't go and that tonight was our night. Then we both would have been pissed, probably.
  • JK-Yay! Congrats! 

KJB-That would have made me angry too. But at least he's getting you breakfast! 
  • Kelly- Ugh I would hjave been mad too!  My FI came home with me for a Christmas party and left early because I was running around handing out my STDs and talking to everyone who I hadn't seen in forever.  I guess it kind of was my fault too for leaving him to his devices but he is so outgoing I thought he would have been more okay with it.  I love panera, FI and I went there last night but he didn't get anything because he said he can't eat anymore "rabbit food" but I got the chocolate pastry for .99 to add on and it was soooo good!!  Found my new vice!!  FI then got fried chicken haha!

This morning we are just hanging out FI woke up before I did and he made a fire.  We will most likely go to the mall later to hang out at Barnes and Noble, I am addicted to reading the magazines for free!!!  He promised to take me to the Sanrio store after I got on BC and I got it but don't start it till my nect cycle.  Also I am excited because the Dr. said I could miss my monthly in June!  Sorry for TMI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"
  • Morning. My BIL just came by to pick up our old tv he's buying from us. I forgot I wasn't wearing a bra until he walked in. I hope he didn't notice haha

My stomach is still hurting. (TMI) I think I may be constipated. But I've never been constipated before so I don't know what it feels like and I'm too scared to take a laxative. Sorry for the TMI.
  • Rabbit food eh?

H is still sick. I finished his valentines gift so I am excited to give it to him.

Thats all I got. I don't feel like cleaning though. 
  • Kelly, boo on your FI for last night, although I kind of wish my FI would go get me Panera right now (he won't though, he's still sleeping, he's lazy like that).

I'm cooking all day today - we have this big food festival type thing at work tomorrow, and I have to make something to bring in.  I'm doing a three cheese pasta bake (http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/three-cheese-pasta-bake-10000001033041/) which should be a big hit, but I'm kind of not in the mood for a project today on top of my regular cooking.

I just found out I have to cancel a trip to visit a friend next weekend, so I'm kind of bummed out (doc diagnosed me with an autoimmune problem yesterday, and vetoed my travel plan when I ran it by her).  Ever since I started in my current job, my immune system appears to have been on strike.  I think I'm allergic to working.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Aleigh - try upping the fiber a little?  Big salad?  Veggies?  maybe that will get things moving.

Rosie - awesome.  I'd be excited to give that gift to him too.  I need to get H's hotel information.  Will his coworkders make fun of him if I send him a cookie basket or something for V-day?  I won't do flowers, but I was thinking either cookies or one of those fruit ones.
  • I think a cookie basket would be awesome. I am sure some might make fun of him, but that is because they didn't get an awesome food basket. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-morningish?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:95e2be2d-45bc-4a40-8296-3d068d1bf8dfPost:82083e0d-0379-4428-9198-280b25fb175c">Re: Sunday morning'ish?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aleigh - try upping the fiber a little?  Big salad?  Veggies?  maybe that will get things moving. Rosie - awesome.  I'd be excited to give that gift to him too.  I need to get H's hotel information.  Will his coworkders make fun of him if I send him a cookie basket or something for V-day?  I won't do flowers, but I was thinking either cookies or one of those fruit ones.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Loopy, I've never seen guys mock free food.  I think you're good.</div>
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • It is so cold outside. But we have so much to do today. I need a warm bubble to follow me around.
  • I think guys would be jealous of a food basket. When H worked for the state, I'd pack his lunch since he was on the boat all day. At first the guys teased him but once they saw what awesome lunches I made (in comparison to whatever they had to throw together last minute), they were jealous and started asking him to trade stuff. He never did though.
  • He's gonna know I'm up to something when I get hotel details from him... Oh well.
  • Well I'm not hungry but I'm still pissed.
    Photobucket
  • Kelly, that totally sucks.  I hate when they agree to do something and then change it out at the last moment cause they feel a better offer came along.

Nothing much happening in Western NY.  We got approx 8 inches on new snow and it is still coming down!  Yippie yahoo.  I am staying home today and making coconut macaroons for FI once he goes to work for V-day.  I also think I shall write him a nice long letter.  (not a Dear John sillies)  When we first were dating it was long distance for the first two years.  He always liked it when he got a letter in the mail from me.  Since I moved in I have not continued doing that.

<----my crazy dog this morning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards