Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

time for a do-over?

Just when I think that my wedding was pretty much as awesome as can be, I stumble by something like this:

http://www.lamebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DeerlyBeloved.jpg

Re: time for a do-over?

• Options
    wow.

While you may be tempted to do a do-over just so you can try to achieve that level of WOW, I, as a friend, will stop you.  Even if that means I have to fly to Brisbane and lock you in your room.

You see, that level of WOW is really just a once in a lifetime thing and I doubt most could pull it off (with a straight face anyway).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    well that is umm, interesting??

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Where's the couple?  I can't see them in the pic.
  • Options
    Hahaha kristy FTW.
  • Options
    Thank god I still have time.
  • Options
    Ugh, there actually is a bride that posted on one of the new boards about trying to find a way to put camo on her dress and wanting to know if the guys should wear ivory tuxes to go with their camo vests and ties, or if black would be okay.  I suggested black tux with brown vest and tie and camo pocket square but someone else actually encouraged her by posting a pic of a guy in a black tux with camo vest and tie.  Oh lordy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    What's that saying? "There's no accounting for taste." Or, even more apropos, "Bless her heart, she's got all of her taste in her mouth."
  • Options
    Deer heavens is what comes to mind.  I know a LOT of people who are into hunting, male and female, and plenty that wear camo t-shirts in everyday life, despite the lack of fashion.  None of them would do that, though.  Or even the camo vest like Dani's post mentioned.  Where do these people come from?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Fortunately, like NCV2, I still have time. Unfortunately, neither FI and I have actually invited any of the rednecks in our family (of which there are many) so the charm and appeal may be lost on everyone else.

There is a fine, but very clear, line between "theme" wedding and just plain "tacky" wedding. Apparently the line was too camouflaged for these folks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards