North Carolina
Options

***Mel***

Haha...never know if I should call you Birdcage, Mel or Melissa...I get mixed up between sn and real names!  Anyway, I noticed in your awesome slideshow that y'all did a seating chart.  Did you DIY or have someone else do it?  I think we're thinking of doing the same but had no idea about where to begin w/ that!!  Any suggestions would be great!

Re: ***Mel***

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in...does the seating chart replace the little cards with people's names on them?
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it replaces it - because when they get to the table they would still need to know where to sit (ie. what seats).  I guess it depends on if you assign seats or just the table...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, I think you can do a couple of things.  1.) Have a seating chart showing people their table, then have place cards pre-set on the table.  OR: 2.) Just have the seating chart which indicates the location of their table and then let them figure out where they're sitting at the table (i.e., table assigned but not the actual seat). Based on how we're doing our entrees, our venue recommended option#1.  I think the seating chart is also a really good option if you are not having table numbers (we are doing table names), so people can't really get a sense of the order of the tables, if that makes sense? But the seating chart gives them the visual of the table location.
  • Options
    birdcagebridebirdcagebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I DIY'd the seating chart. I made the file in powerpoint and saved it as a pdf file and brought it to kinkos. Not one of my cheaper DIY...it cost about $35 for the foam board and printing...but I loved it. We did assigned tables. We had combination of filet and chicken plates except for two vegetarians. We did NOT do place cards (too much work!!) and figured people would appreciate it if they could sit at the table next to whoever they wanted. It worked out reallllly well. If I had to do it all over again, I would have done the same thing. tarheels, I can send you the file if you'd like. If you like the font of our last name, I'll have to send you that as well (apparently it's like a $30 font and I don't remember where I downloaded it for free..I think the site is gone). email me at birdcagebride at gmail and let me know what you want. ;)
    My Blog - My Bio - NC Bride Bio - Pro Video

Photo by Evoke Photography
    image imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Mel.  YGM!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YW!! YGMB!! :)

• Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mel, can you send it to me as well? I know I want to do a seating chart since we don't have numbers and it won't be as easy for people to just go to a particular. I was originally going to do place cards as well,  in case someone forgot which table to go to or something I guess. I dk...lol. If I can avoid them that would be great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wolpack -- if it's any consolation I think I might still do both too.  Still ultimatelly trying to decide on that but I know I want to do the seating chart!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oops...wlfpk...haha. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    krystal, YGM! :)

This discussion has been closed.