Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who's name comes first?

When it comes to wedding stuff who's name should come first? I know it's tradition for the brides name to go first because typically her parents host the wedding. In our case we payed for everything but the reception dinner, my FMIL is paying for that. She made a HUGE deal about my name coming first on our wedding invites. She highly recommended that everything else should have the grooms name first.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who's name comes first?

• Options
    Ladies first.

• Options
    She's wrong. And what a ridiculous thing for her to be up in arms about. Why on earth would she be insisting her son's name go first on everything?!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options

I agree, ladies first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge: Cake image
  • Options
    Ladies First :)
  • Options
    Has your FMIL seen many wedding invitations, like ever? The brides name is ALWAYS first.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ladies first. Maybe you could show her some invite samples? Those always have the brides name first.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Ladies come first.
  • Options
    Ladies first.

Also, kristbot I love your siggy gif! I live with my FIL's and we usually have rabbits (the last two recently passed away).  Whenever I see that gif it reminds me of their adorable little antics. ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ditto. Ladies first. Plus, I've heard that you shouldn't split the man's first and last name up.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Ladies first. The brides name always comes first.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_whos-name-comes-first?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9c25bf24-75de-46f5-90ed-b129b6f8af97Post:978cde2e-b08e-4ce9-8bb0-6ed68e3b686d">Re: Who's name comes first?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its her party and she can do the invites, but she will look like an idiot and make him look like a mamma's boy.
    Posted by NYUgirl100[/QUOTE]
    LOL! This cracked me up, its a long running joke with everyone that he totally is a mamas boy. Thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards