Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• I was a super nerd and didn't go to prom (or any schoold dance ever). :D
    imageAnniversary
  • really Chrissy? Huh. I find it really weird that they suddenly do now. I never was drunk or drinking prior to any school dance, but I know plenty of people who did.
  • Huh. I've never heard of a post-wedding shower. Interesting. Would it be like any other shower, just for gifts and stuff?
  • Well hey, that might be fun, yes?

• Oh yeah I'd do a kitchen shower too. Tools are something you really want to pick yourself after research, etc.
  • Yeah I know what you mean, Holly. J is super into tools so I normally have to talk him down from getting the super expensive top choice each time, lol.
  • We registered for a Keurig but didn't get it. J did get a nice Bunn coffeemaker and he loved it. Then it broke. So I have no idea if he wants to fix it or just save up for a new one.
  • lol, Holly. :) J is always convinced we need some bizarre power tool that he would hypothetically use "all the time" if we had it, but in reality it would be for one project and then sit in the garage.
  • Haha I purposely started using J's inital a long time ago because I was going to forget to type H all the time. And I just really hate it and the term FI like that. I don't why.

• I want to register for a Keurig for the tea and hot chocolate, but I'm not a coffee drinker. FI is and he doesn't want a Keurig because he says it doesn't brew strong enough coffee, so he wants a regular coffee maker so he can make his own. I feel like registering for both is too much.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dude, Angel, are you sure we aren't the same person? I don't drink coffee either but I wanted the keurig for the hot chocolate.
  • Goodnight Holly!
  • Night Holly!

Where did Poke go, did I miss her goodnight post? Usually she hangs as late as I do, haha. 
  • Not sure where she ran off to. I don't have to wake up til like 10 tomorrow, so I'm kinda moseying around. Just finished watching a really intense Twins game though. We lost. :(

It's 11:30 and i don't know how my brothers stay up this late. I was in bed by 10:30 on a LATE night, in HS.
  • I was usually up pretty late in HS... I would go to bed at 12 or 1, wake up at 6, go to school, go to work and then go out til 3 or 4 am on a Friday night. I seriously don't know how I did that. I even remember one time I didn't sleep at all on Thursday night and I STILL did all that the next day.

I get to sleep in tomorrow, AND most of my family will be at work, which is delightful. I love having the house to myself. Except my cvnt sister may be home, but hopefully not.
  • Sorry the Twins lost :(

I haven't watched a single Phillies game this season. I'm more of a football person, I can't wait for the Eagles to come back on... except, I can, because that would mean summer would be over and I hate when summer is over. How warm does it get up there in the summer?
  • I was lame in HS, I always went to bed early on weeknights. But I was also exhausted from class & then dancing for 5 hours after school.

I love my Twins, I have season tickets this year for the first time so I wish we could pick up the pace and get better already!

It gets pretty warm here in the summer. "Average" temps are around 80 but we have really terrible humidity. It gets nasty. Last summer was insane. I also worked in a factory (well, I worked in the office portion) where they had no AC and the thermostat would get over 100 degrees because the outside temp was between 90-105 for like 2 weeks straight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:cb88a9a9-3fa3-48d9-b6c8-547f5470d0d7">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was lame in HS, I always went to bed early on weeknights. But I was also exhausted from class & then dancing for 5 hours after school. I love my Twins, I have season tickets this year for the first time so I wish we could pick up the pace and get better already! It gets pretty warm here in the summer. "Average" temps are around 80 but we have really terrible humidity. It gets nasty. Last summer was insane. I also worked in a factory (well, I worked in the office portion)<strong> where they had no AC and the thermostat would get over 100 degrees because the outside temp was between 90-105 for like 2 weeks straight.</strong>
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

That is seriously unbearable... I don't think it should even be legal for people to have to work in those conditions. I didn't know it got that hot up there, I thought it would be colder. I love summers here for the most part, although I HATE humidity. It's not always humid though, which is nice. I'm so excited to spend time at our beach house this summer... my parents got a place at the Jersey shore and I loveeeee the beach.

My friend that I told you about with the dairy allery was also a dancer... she quit when she was a sophomore or a junior in HS, but I think she regretted doing so. She was pretty darn good. I can't dance for shiit, I have 2 left feet.
  • Yeah, it gets really nasty sometimes. It is humid for most of the summer actually, due to the fact that we have a shitton of water everywhere. I don't know how people work in those conditions either, but both J and his dad had to work in it everyday. We'd leave work and both of them would be purple in the face from being so hot.

I 'quit' dancing when I was 20. I am still a teacher though I took this year off. When I have disposable income, I fully plan on going back to class. :) I originally wanted to be a dancer, and majored in dance before i switched to psychology.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    I didn't know you were a psych major in undergrad, I am too. I've had a few different majors, which is part of the reason I'm 26 and still in undergrad, haha. I have NO idea what I can even do with a psych degree without going to grad school, but I chose it because I needed something that interested me, just so I could get through. I'm not a school person... FI always tells me I would be awesome at law school, but I know I just don't have the academic motivation to do it.
  • How much do you have left to finish? Are you in school now? I'm not sure I knew that... I basically did the psych degree as a means to an end, because i knew the dance major wasn't gonna work out (I didn't like the way the program was being run) and I just needed to graduate with something. At that point I already had law school in mind. Grad school is usually pretty recommended if you actually want to use your psych degree for being a psychologist.. but it can be adaptable to a lot of random jobs as well.
  • I definitely don't want to be a psychologist. I have enough of my own issues without having to listen to other peoples, lol. I have about 2 semesters left. I do all my classes online so that I can work fulltime. I started at a regular on campus school but switched to online about 2 years ago and it jsut works better for me since I rarely made it to class. Whenever I refer to something from "when I was in college" on here, I always mean my first 3 years at my first school because I consider that my college experience. I took time off after those 3 years and trasnferred because my GPA sucked and I knew there was no way I'd be able to bring it up if I stayed there. In those 3 years, I barely got 1.5 years worth of credits :/

I was supposed to graduate in August, but that's not going to work out, so I'm not sure if I want to do a summer session and then go in the fall and graduate in December or take the summer off and just graduate next May. One one hand, the break would be nice... on the other hand, I'd like to graduate before the wedding.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:cfd7f7e7-396c-46fb-81a1-e60632dbe91a">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]Night Holly! Where did Poke go, did I miss her goodnight post? Usually she hangs as late as I do, haha. 
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>We had some suprise company and I lost track of time : ) But I'm back now!</div>
  • Ahh, ok, gotcha. Well at the very least, you only have one year left! I know that the psych degree at least gives you a lot of flexibility in job searching, even if it isn't super specific.

I should get to bed, I'm pretty beat. Good night Angel (and anyone still lurking, lol).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sounds-like-someone-has-a-case-of-the-mondays?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9d6c3f31-4220-4877-bf62-091bc5400098Post:69fe3e86-c70c-42fa-85a6-a3c92bf967c6">Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays : We had some suprise company and I lost track of time : ) But I'm back now!
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Hi again! I think I use too many exclamation points in my posts, lol.
  • Night Musu!
  • I don't think you use too many. I think I use too many text smilies in general.
  • I use a lot of smileys in texts, but I use them less on here. I don't know why.
  • Haha - well my phone is actually called hte Samsung : )

Like, that's it's name. I don't know how to say that. But it has a smiley button you can press and choose a face instead of making it yourself. I use that button soooo much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards