North Carolina
Options

Registry ideas

Need ideas for my registry!?!  FMIL informed me that there is no Bed Bath and Beyond in their town and they are throwing me a shower next month.  She asked me to register somewhere they have in town - so I picked JC Penney.  Unfortunately, I am drawing a huge blank as to what to put on my registry.  We have been living together for a while, so we have a lot of housewares.  What have you guys registered for>>>

Re: Registry ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We put some luggage on ours.
  • Options
    swimher14swimher14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if this would apply, but we put some tools and things to help us work on our house on ours.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We picked things that were upgrades of housewares we already had, like our pots and pans. Also, white sheets and towels since I don't think you can have too many of those.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    totally upgrade - we'll be upgrading the blender, food processor, bath towels, sheets, vacuum cleaner, pans, knives, silverware, dinner plates, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are registering for a Wii at target. I am seriously crossing my fingers someone will think it is funny and buy it for us. I want that so much more than a new blender =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered for a Wii too!Also registered for upgrades and attachments for the Kitchenaid stand mixer.And I registered for this just because I think it's awesome and would help me when making things with molasses lol: [link]<a href="http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=744&f=2444" rel='nofollow'>http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family.aspx?c=744&f=2444</a>[/link]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're registering there more for shower gifts, I'd add some things that are less $$$.  At least in my experience people give smaller gifts for showers and then larger gifts for the wedding.  At JC Penney you can probably get decent table linens, towels, curtains (though these may be more $$$), throw pillows, home decor stuff like mirrors, frames, etc. not sure about smaller housewares or kitchen gadgets, kitchen towels, etc.
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely recommend registering for as KB called them "upgrades" - nicer everyday china, stuff like that.  (we just had stuff from ikea so its exciting to have real white plates!)  And then - we registered for a big cooler, and luggage, and some decorative stuff for the house (tablecloths, etc).  a new bed set for your "married" bed! hehe.  etc etc!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/KellyBeth...you can't have too many sheets or towels!  Just put up most of what you get, and for a few year to come (depending on how many you get)...you will always have brand new towels and sheets!  The thought of this excites me entirely too much.
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha - Megan - after seeing your blog about organized closets, it doesn't surprise me :)  I like it though.  That is a great call - back up sheets and towels for when they inevitably get ruined.
  • Options
    allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally second tools! We actually used Sears to register for tools and camping stuff.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My inlaws are throwing a gift card shower for us because their shopping is so limited. Unless we registered at Walmart, they just wouldn't have much to choose from. The good news is that they can get gift cards from anywhere at Walmart. I don't know if that's an option, but I'm liking the idea more and more.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grace - I know...I'm a linens girl for sure.  We are registered for 16 sets of towels/washcloths and 4 or so sets of sheets.   I walk the talk ;)
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOAH! 16 sets - you are serious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RedHead, I love that stuff too! I think I am going to add more towels to ours...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I just looked.  I registered for 12 sets of white towels (my favorite!) and 6 sets of brown (Patrick insisted...).  So it's more like 18 sets.  Our first shower is next weekend so people have started to buy off it a little.  We already have 3 -1 items, which means that we didn't register for it but someone bought it anyways.  D'OH!
  • Options
    allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ashley, I think that idea is really cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards