Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Have you changed your avatar?

I can't figure out how to change my avatar.  I went to my profile and deleted the one that was there, tried to upload a new one, and it keeps defaulting to the one that's there.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Have you changed your avatar?

• Options
    I've been trying to change it, but I keep getting error messages. 
  • Options
    I never had one to begin with!  It pulled this up from forever ago.  When I go to edit profile, there's nothing there to delete, so I have no clue how it still keeps showing up.
  • Options
    I would LOVE to know this answer. This avatar picture does not show up anywhere in "edit my profile". It actually shows that I don't have one uploaded.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Your new one is showing up when I click on your avatar, but not on the boards - that is strange.  How long ago did you change it?

ETA: I see it now!  It might just take a few minutes to refresh, I suppose.
  • Options
    I did, and it worked. I uploaded a new one.
  • Options

The first one I added would show up on the profile, but not on avatar.   then I switched my photo.  Still nothing.  then like a hour later it just appeared.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I changed mine lastnight to the pic of me in sunglasses (it was the pic of me kissing my husband and looking like an idiot), and it updated immediately.
  • Options
    It's showing up on the Nest but not here.  I just did it maybe 10 minutes ago.  I closed the browser and came back in.  Maybe I'm just being impatient.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ETA- I see your new pic Dani

Also- I have the box under My viewing Preferenes that says Sort by most recent post UNchecked and it is sorting them with the newest responses first. Is that happening for anyone else?
  • Options
    Okay looks like I was just being impatient, it's there now.
  • Options
    I still want to know why it's showing a picture when I have nothing to delete.
  • Options
    I think there's a huge time lag between loading - it showing on your profile - and showing on the boards.  I had the same problem, and I just had to wait.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_changed-avatar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e5c0323-0604-4208-ad42-2f0344314883Post:288bda3e-7fdf-49af-9514-dfc1d7ecbe06">Re: Have you changed your avatar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still want to know why it's showing a picture when I have nothing to delete.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]
    Try deleting/removing it anyways and upload something else. When I changed mine it didnt appear there was anything there either but an avatar was showing up here.
  • Options
    kate check both the nest and the knot profiles.  It might be on one and not the other.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_changed-avatar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e5c0323-0604-4208-ad42-2f0344314883Post:288bda3e-7fdf-49af-9514-dfc1d7ecbe06">Re: Have you changed your avatar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still want to know why it's showing a picture when I have nothing to delete.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

You aren't the only one with that issue.  I reported it as a bug to Annie.  I'll let you know if I find out anything about how to fix it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_changed-avatar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9e5c0323-0604-4208-ad42-2f0344314883Post:0b5c5b77-c09f-4296-9876-58a1ff3ee7f9">Re: Have you changed your avatar?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ETA- I see your new pic Dani Also- I have the box under My viewing Preferenes that says Sort by most recent post UNchecked and it is sorting them with the newest responses first. Is that happening for anyone else?
    Posted by vallyhoo[/QUOTE]

Yes - when the box is unchecked it sorts by most recent reply, and when it is checked, it sorts by post.  I think the wording is just really confusing.
  • Options
    Thanks Arb
  • Options
    The avatar thing happened to me too. I tried to change that pink flower for about 30 minnutes yesterday, but it keeps defaulting back.
  • Options
    Another silly question:  can I shrink my siggy pic with a code in my profile, or do I have to shrink it in photobucket where it's stored?
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Georgia your picture is now of a baby?!

Tide - do you have "size=250px" or something similar in your HTML code for your signature?

ETA: Arb's is clearly the sig master. And I just tried to reply again but it said I can't reply within a certain amount of time of already replying. Eeeenteresting.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You can shrink it in your profile!  You know how you have the current html <*img src=urlhere>?  Put quoations around the URL, then add a space and write width=150, followed by the >

150 is just a random number; you can test it out with differnent numbers to find one that you think is a good size.

So overall it should look like this:
    <*img src="urlhere" width=150* />
    Minus the * and the space and / before the last arrow thing - for some reason, when I post it on here, it's forcing that in the middle of the code and I can't delete it.
  • Options
    Vally, that's me as a bald a$$ baby. Until I remember to bring my CD's to work, Baby G it shall be!! Just me and my Radio Flyer.

*If TK can tell me that I need to remove "a$$", then clearly THEY can say it, so why can't I??!!
  • Options
    I like baby G!
  • Options
    Thank you Vally and Arb!
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards